Thingspeak Data

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

nightshark
Normal user

Thingspeak Data

#1 Post by nightshark » 24 May 2016, 04:48

Does anyone else get their values sent to thingspeak with it enclosed in double quotes? Example: "76.8" rather than just the number? I exported it as csv and was wondering if thingspeak or esp easy is doing this.

dduley
Normal user

Re: Thingspeak Data

#2 Post by dduley » 24 May 2016, 06:30

nightshark wrote:Does anyone else get their values sent to thingspeak with it enclosed in double quotes? Example: "76.8" rather than just the number? I exported it as csv and was wondering if thingspeak or esp easy is doing this.
Hi Nightshark,

Mine works OK. I am sending 7 channels of data to Thingspeak and it works flawlessly. Can you give us more info about your setup?

Regards

Dave

nightshark
Normal user

Re: Thingspeak Data

#3 Post by nightshark » 24 May 2016, 15:22

Hi Dave!
I am just starting to learn about these little modules. I have three different ones hooked up. One is just for outside temperature, the other just watches whether my back door opens, and the third is monitoring my aquarium temp. They all have the double quotes in the Thingspeak data. Even the simple switch will have "1" or "0" enclosed in quotes when I export from Thingspeak. It's not a huge deal since Thingspeak graphs are working, but I have to clean the data up if I want to use it in Excel for example.