Read GPIO output value to publish on LCD

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

garvarma
Normal user

Read GPIO output value to publish on LCD

#1 Post by garvarma » 02 Aug 2016, 20:04

Hi to everyone,

Yesterday i was playing with ESPEasy and LCD Display, and in a moment, i was in a road without exit, because i wanted to publish the value of GPIO canfigured as a Output, in LCD Display, but i coudn't do it.

Concretely, in device menu, i declared 2 tasks as a Switch input (in1- GPIO2 and in2 - GPIO0) with variable in1 and in2 (all good to display the values in LCD Display). Then, by using rules, i created a rule, that when GPIO2 have a event, GPIO12 (as output) chage value to 1 or 0, and the same with GPIO0 with GPIO14

Code: Select all

on in1#in1=0 do
  timerSet,1,2
endon

on in2#in2=0 do
  timerSet,2,2
endon

on Rules#Timer=1 do
  gpio,14,1
  gpio,12,0
endon

on Rules#Timer=2 do
  gpio,12,1
  gpio,14,0
endon

I tried to create 2 tasks like "output mqtt domoticz" with name ou1 and ou2 with variables ou1 and ou2 to show the status of GPIO12 and GPIO14 and then show by LCD display, but didn't worked, because when i changed the status of GPIO2 or GPIO0, on LCD was showed, but the GPIO12 and GPIO14, in LCD and in task "output mqtt domoticz" this GPIOs always where to 0.

There is a task in device menu to show the status of GPIO as a Output with rules above? and then show these GPIO outputs (GPIO12 adn 14) in LCD Display ?

In the case that not exists any task to know the status of GPIO in device menu, How will be the variable to use, when i want to show the status of gpio in LCD Display?

thanks