ESP8266-03 problem

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Leopold Oszkár
New user

ESP8266-03 problem

#1 Post by Leopold Oszkár » 25 Oct 2015, 13:10

Hey guys! I have been trouble using the ESP8266-03 with the ESPeasy firmware.

I have successfully booted the firmware on my device, however when I connect to its wireless hotspot and try pinging its default IP address I get very inconsistent results even though the chip is very close to my PC so the range of the antenna isn't supposed to be the problem, as far as I know it's supposed to be able to communicate with the onboard antenna for a farly long distance. Sometimes I get responds in a few milliseconds, sometimes 1000+, then the chip doesn't respond to pings at all whatsoever for a few seconds, then starts talking again. The same thing is happening when I try to connect to the default IP address with a browser. Sometimes the webpage loads pretty nicely, sometimes it doesn't respond at all whatsoever. When I try to configure the W-LAN settings and try to make it connect to my wireless router, it doesn't respond at all, or even completely freezes up after a few minutes.

Could the be an issue with the onboard antenna, or could my chip just be faulty? I'm running it from an external power source, so the load shouldn't be an issue at all.

Thanks for any help in advance!