Connect to wifi without password, open wifi netowrk

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

doxikus
Normal user

Connect to wifi without password, open wifi netowrk

#1 Post by doxikus » 20 Oct 2016, 19:46

Hi,

Is there option to connect on first boot to open wifi network without password. Reason for this that we have small community project where we have placed few wifi AP with open internet, so anyone can connect to this network and use internet, free wifi :-). Now we want to add few ESP's with sensor attached, problem is we cannot connect to WIFI because it's asking for wifi password :-(.

Is there any quick fix for this, in code comment or add few lines of code.

Thanks in advance.

scarecrow2k6
New user

Re: Connect to wifi without password, open wifi netowrk

#2 Post by scarecrow2k6 » 21 Oct 2016, 00:56

doxikus wrote:Hi,

Is there option to connect on first boot to open wifi network without password. Reason for this that we have small community project where we have placed few wifi AP with open internet, so anyone can connect to this network and use internet, free wifi :-). Now we want to add few ESP's with sensor attached, problem is we cannot connect to WIFI because it's asking for wifi password :-(.

Is there any quick fix for this, in code comment or add few lines of code.

Thanks in advance.
Do you mean after flashing ESPEasy it asks for WIFI password? If so then that is the default password for ESPEasy not your WIFI setup, the password is "configesp" (without " "). If that is not the case then sorry I have no idea.

doxikus
Normal user

Re: Connect to wifi without password, open wifi netowrk

#3 Post by doxikus » 21 Oct 2016, 09:51

Do you mean after flashing ESPEasy it asks for WIFI password? If so then that is the default password for ESPEasy not your WIFI setup, the password is "configesp" (without " "). If that is not the case then sorry I have no idea.
Nope :-). I'm good with flash/setup in "normal" environment, my problem is when I want to connect to wifi network without password, wifi ssid is for example myfreenetwork and there is no password required for connection. Open wifi, no password required :-).