ESPEasy v2.0 progress

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

psy0rz
Normal user

ESPEasy v2.0 progress

#1 Post by psy0rz » 02 May 2017, 21:56

Last month we made some great progress with ESPEasy version 2.0.

If you look at this link you can see many things have happend: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/pulse/monthly

We've merged 33 pull requests containing 100's of improvements and fixes. Also we've closed 20 issues on the issue tracker but at the same time we've opened 13 new ones. :)

Currently my main focus is stability: There already where some big changes in 2.0 (ESPEasy Mega) when i started, and we've made some more big changes. This will cause some new issues and bugs.

Some stability problems are new, but other problems already existed but get triggered faster or more often now. (for example https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/253)

So while its been quite a wild ride until now, we will be getting on more stable grounds soon. :)

To the other developers I would like say: try to keep new core features to a miminum, although i dont want to freeze development. Also jkDesignDE is reworking all the hardcoded html code: This saves memory and cleans up the code quite a bit. So you might see him change all the html code in PLUGIN_WEBFORM_LOAD for all the plugins.

Changes to plugins are no problem, because those bugs are much easier to isolate and fix.

I want to thank all the people that have helped developing and testing ESPEasy these past weeks.

Edwin Eefting
Please support ESPEasy development via Patreon or buy us a coffee.

toffel969
Normal user

Re: ESPEasy v2.0 progress

#2 Post by toffel969 » 02 May 2017, 22:49

psy0rz wrote: 02 May 2017, 21:56 Last month we made some great progress with ESPEasy version 2.0.

If you look at this link you can see many things have happend: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/pulse/monthly

We've merged 33 pull requests containing 100's of improvements and fixes. Also we've closed 20 issues on the issue tracker but at the same time we've opened 13 new ones. :)

Currently my main focus is stability: There already where some big changes in 2.0 (ESPEasy Mega) when i started, and we've made some more big changes. This will cause some new issues and bugs.

Some stability problems are new, but other problems already existed but get triggered faster or more often now. (for example https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/253)

So while its been quite a wild ride until now, we will be getting on more stable grounds soon. :)

To the other developers I would like say: try to keep new core features to a miminum, although i dont want to freeze development. Also jkDesignDE is reworking all the hardcoded html code: This saves memory and cleans up the code quite a bit. So you might see him change all the html code in PLUGIN_WEBFORM_LOAD for all the plugins.

Changes to plugins are no problem, because those bugs are much easier to isolate and fix.

I want to thank all the people that have helped developing and testing ESPEasy these past weeks.

Edwin Eefting
Thanks for taking the lead to continue work on this great project . Much appreciated :!:
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

Shardan
Normal user

#3 Post by Shardan » 02 May 2017, 23:14

I agree with toffel...

Many thanks. :!:
Regards
Shardan

grovkillen
Core team member

#4 Post by grovkillen » 03 May 2017, 06:04

Great job! :!:
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

DeNB3rt
Normal user

#5 Post by DeNB3rt » 03 May 2017, 15:46

woohoow! keep up the good work :)
Located in Belgium, Bruges. Working on a full DIY domoticz setup with ESPEasy.

pppp33
Normal user

#6 Post by pppp33 » 04 May 2017, 23:53

thx psy0rz !
And thx to all developers !
Paolo

mrwee
Normal user

#7 Post by mrwee » 05 May 2017, 09:07

Fantastic job you're doing!

Martinus

#8 Post by Martinus » 10 May 2017, 20:53

Thanks to psy0rz, krikk,jkDesignDE, uzi18, tedenda, beicnet and all others that have recently stepped into maintaining the ESP Easy project!
Good to see that V2 (Mega) seems to reach a mature status and that it may soon be able to replace the R120 as the next stable.

And let's not forget, many thanks to all the members that have taken up the dirty job to improve the wiki pages...

Keep up the good work!

matzej
New user

#9 Post by matzej » 11 May 2017, 20:36

thumbs up, go ahead!

Waiting for 2.0.0 to settle down bevor i submit all my nice to have features :D .
Thanks for the nice piece of software.

regards M.