Event Processing - RFLink

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

zang
New user

Event Processing - RFLink

#1 Post by zang » 30 Jan 2018, 16:13

I have RFLink running on a Mega and have the serial tx and rx going to an ESP-12 running ESP Easy v2.0-20180126 and have a Serial Server devices configured. I can see the serial data from the RFLink on the ESP. I have enabled "Even Processing: RFLink" on the device and am trying to get it so I can send the RFLink string to a webserver so i can further process it. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that. I've searched around a lot but theres not much mention of the Even Processing feature.

My rule looks like this:

On !RFLink# do
SendToHTTP 10.0.0.4,80,dataValue=%eventvalue%
endon

But on the web server all it's receiving is:
dataValue=!RFLink#

In the ESP Logs I can see it receiving the data:
497063 : EVENT: !RFLink#WT0122;ID=00b1;TEMP=00eb;
500791 : EVENT: !RFLink#AcuriteV2;ID=bb6b;TEMP=8055;HUM=70;BAT=LOW;

Any ideas what I'm missing here?

vader
Normal user

Re: Event Processing - RFLink

#2 Post by vader » 30 Jan 2018, 19:08

On !RFLink# do what???
You have the task name !RFLink (I suggest not to use special characters like the !, better RFLink), but not the value after #!

See here...
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... rial_Rules

zang
New user

#3 Post by zang » 30 Jan 2018, 19:34

vader wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 19:08 On !RFLink# do what???
You have the task name !RFLink (I suggest not to use special characters like the !, better RFLink), but not the value after #!

See here...
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... rial_Rules
I didn't name the task !RFLink, thats the name of the built in RFLink option under Event Processing. I know that is the correct name because the rule is triggering and contacting the web server. It's just not sending the event data that its receiving from the RFLink device that I have hooked up.

https://i.imgur.com/w5OL14D.jpg

zang
New user

#4 Post by zang » 30 Jan 2018, 20:58

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the functionality of the Event Processing feature under the Serial Server device? Basically I have a serial device hooked up to the ESP (in this case its an Arduino Mega running RFLink). I want to take the serial data that the Arduino is sending to the ESP and have ESP Easy send that data to a webserver.

redskinhu
New user

#5 Post by redskinhu » 18 Jun 2018, 09:56

zang wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 20:58 Maybe I'm misunderstanding the functionality of the Event Processing feature under the Serial Server device? Basically I have a serial device hooked up to the ESP (in this case its an Arduino Mega running RFLink). I want to take the serial data that the Arduino is sending to the ESP and have ESP Easy send that data to a webserver.
Hello

Did you find the solution finally?

Thx
T

seb82
Normal user

#6 Post by seb82 » 05 Sep 2018, 11:04

This is working for me with "RFLink" selected for event processing and this rule:

Code: Select all

On !RFLink#* do
Publish test,%eventvalue%
endon
Or if you select "Generic" for event processing:

Code: Select all

On !Serial#* do
Publish test,%eventvalue%
endon
I had to put a "RX Receive Timeout" of 10 ms or it would strip off a few characters.
Sébastien - espRFLinkMQTT gateway RFLink MQTT on esp