Notifications by Email, the good old days

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Oxyandy
Normal user

Notifications by Email, the good old days

#1 Post by Oxyandy » 28 Mar 2018, 13:52

This is a screenshot from old firmware v2.0.0-dev4 - using it for debug purposes.
How do I set the senders password, tried to find info on it online without luck, thanks !
v2.0.0-dev4_email.jpg
v2.0.0-dev4_email.jpg (75.61 KiB) Viewed 3543 times

Oxyandy
Normal user

Re: Notifications by Email, the good old days

#2 Post by Oxyandy » 28 Mar 2018, 14:01

BTW.. the "?" -- "Notifications" help button takes us to a 'brag' page about a project..
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... ifications
I know, there is always lots to get done, but it needs mentioning.
Cheers

grovkillen
Core team member

#3 Post by grovkillen » 28 Mar 2018, 15:06

You cannot in that version. Support for credentials was added last month (if I remember correctly ).
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

Oxyandy
Normal user

#4 Post by Oxyandy » 28 Mar 2018, 15:09

Ah ok, so it was just there as a tease, thanks for the response

TD-er
Core team member

#5 Post by TD-er » 28 Mar 2018, 18:25

Oxyandy wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 15:09 Ah ok, so it was just there as a tease, thanks for the response
The question marks only use simple keywords to generate a link to the wiki. So if there was already a page with the same title, that one will show up until the right one has been written and the old page is renamed.
A todo to add proper description of email notification is pending on the ESPeasy wiki documentation Slack.
It is one of the about 60 channels to discuss topics to describe.
Just to give you an idea about the current development speed.
Also have a look at the Github Insights (which does not count Forum threads) https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/pulse/monthly
Don't forget this is all done in spare time by only a handful of developers and enthusiasts. Often with a full-time job and a family.

Oxyandy
Normal user

#6 Post by Oxyandy » 28 Mar 2018, 18:56

TD-er wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 18:25 A todo to add proper description of email notification is pending on the ESPeasy wiki documentation Slack.

Don't forget this is all done in spare time by only a handful of developers and enthusiasts. Often with a full-time job and a family.
Just thought it deserved a mention as I expect your guys probably never visit that page, I did not need to until I was looking for the password for sender account log-in..
I want you to understand that any feedback I ever supply is never meant as a criticism, I just say it 'as it is' - Feedback..
TD-er you are a hard core coder, I see that. The speed at which you do things, wow
is 3.50Am, I have not slept, have a kid to get ready for school starting at 7.15AM, a whole day of physical work yesterday & another tomorrow..

I have fixed Sonoff OTA & have various compiled firmware which has been made to work with OTA from current all the way back to R039
all compiled to DOUT.
I am going to run various tests on performance, and slowly step upward.. much easier with OTA for Sonoffs fixed & images ready to go..
I see lot's of posts about users that can not make use of OTA, I was one of them..
Really need zzzzzzz, keep up the steady development, again awesome effort..

no proof reading <submit>