Response browser time?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

spachal
Normal user

Response browser time?

#1 Post by spachal » 01 May 2018, 13:17

Hi, I found strange problem. I have diferent response times of nodeMCU with ESPEasy on different browers or devices.
When I compile fw binary in ArduinoIDE, on my desktop PC I have 'lags' when I configure nodeMCU via browser (response time in seconds). Sometimes, when I flash nodeMCU with NodeMCU-PyFlasher-3.0-x64 or included FlashESP8266.exe and original bin files, responses are immediate (on the same network, AP configurations and PC). I use new MEGA builds - now 20180426, because core 2.3.0 and problems with wifi.

I tought that this is caused by ArduinoIDE compilation, but as I found today, that when I use mobile phone with Chrome (connected to different AP, but same subnet), response time is immediate. But the same situation is with any other browser on PC (I tested five, all slow) and any browser on mobile phone (4 browsers, all fast). I tried two mobile phones, one PC (i7/24gb/ssd/win7) and one notebook (connected via wifi, same AP as mobile phones). On desktop it's slow, on mobile phones superfast :]

Is there some two different versions (desktop and mobile) on ESPEasy webserver?
It's no big deal, I'm patient and I can wait :], but it's strange ..
Please excuse my English, thanks!

Oxyandy
Normal user

Re: Response browser time?

#2 Post by Oxyandy » 02 May 2018, 12:52

Please try 0502, the latest revision and report back, huge improvements has just been made.
https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/releases

spachal
Normal user

#3 Post by spachal » 03 May 2018, 23:25

Hi, thanks for info, it's the same. 'Original' binary from release is fast, if I compile it by myself with ArduinoIDE, response times are slow. Maybe it's caused by my IDE instalation, I used it for other projects with arduino boards, maybe reinstall could helps. I tried core 2.3.0, 2.4.0 and 2.4.1, all the same (if even working).

Oxyandy
Normal user

#4 Post by Oxyandy » 04 May 2018, 12:48

The other option for compiling is platformIO via Atom

spachal
Normal user

#5 Post by spachal » 04 May 2018, 23:09

OK, that's true. The only reason I'm compiling own binary is IP 192.168.4.1, this IP I'm using already for other purposes in my subnet :] ..

grovkillen
Core team member

#6 Post by grovkillen » 04 May 2018, 23:22

Use my flasher and post-flash the WiFi credentials and you do not need to browse into the AP at all ;)
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea: