Changing ESP controller port lose connection RPi

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

NetEye
Normal user

Changing ESP controller port lose connection RPi

#1 Post by NetEye » 28 Aug 2018, 09:36

Hello friends.
On my running project (esp8266 and RPi) the used “Controller Port” is the standard 8080 (in the config tab).
For some reason I attempted to change it (for example) to 84. Immediately and also after restarting the ESP and the RPi they lost contact with each other.
It looks like the RPi thinks it’s still 8080.
After changing it back to 8080 the connection returned.
How can I change the Controler Port without losing connection with the RPi (looks lime a setting error in the Raspberry?).
Regards

toffel969
Normal user

Re: Changing ESP controller port lose connection RPi

#2 Post by toffel969 » 28 Aug 2018, 12:47

NetEye wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 09:36 Hello friends.
On my running project (esp8266 and RPi) the used “Controller Port” is the standard 8080 (in the config tab).
For some reason I attempted to change it (for example) to 84. Immediately and also after restarting the ESP and the RPi they lost contact with each other.
It looks like the RPi thinks it’s still 8080.
After changing it back to 8080 the connection returned.
How can I change the Controler Port without losing connection with the RPi (looks lime a setting error in the Raspberry?).
Regards
Hi Neteye

You also need to change the port setting in Domoticz. Its under settings somewhere. Note that the web interface of Domoticz will also be available through the new port.
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

NetEye
Normal user

#3 Post by NetEye » 28 Aug 2018, 14:52

Hi there Toffel969,
In Domoticz settings I only see the Remote shared poort (For remote Domoticz clients), nothing about the iP port settings of the connected ESP’s.
Maybe I have to search in the settingsbof the Raspberry itself?
I don’t remember there are settings of iP ports in my modem.
The only port settings I have found where in the config tab of ESPEasy (the possibility of changing it described in the userguide of Domoticz).
Maybe i’ll ask it on the Domoticz forum too
Regards

toffel969
Normal user

#4 Post by toffel969 » 28 Aug 2018, 15:16

NetEye wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 14:52 Hi there Toffel969,
In Domoticz settings I only see the Remote shared poort (For remote Domoticz clients), nothing about the iP port settings of the connected ESP’s.
Maybe I have to search in the settingsbof the Raspberry itself?
I don’t remember there are settings of iP ports in my modem.
The only port settings I have found where in the config tab of ESPEasy (the possibility of changing it described in the userguide of Domoticz).
Maybe i’ll ask it on the Domoticz forum too
Regards
Sorry my bad

you have to change the port settings in :
/etc/init.d/domoticz.sh

connect to your raspi by ssh, then use the terminal text editor to change the values. The domoticz service needs to be restarted afterwards (or just restart the pi)
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

NetEye
Normal user

#5 Post by NetEye » 28 Aug 2018, 15:24

Super, thanks.
Toffel for president 😬