Generic - MQTT Import - Problem with Negative Numbers?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

robatbentley
Normal user

Generic - MQTT Import - Problem with Negative Numbers?

#1 Post by robatbentley » 04 Dec 2018, 20:48

Hi,
I have a BMx280 sensor displaying temperature on a 4x20 LCD displays via MQTT Import. As it was the first really cold night last night, I was surprised to see that the temperatures displayed via MQTT Import had a value of '1' deg C whereas the temperature displayed on Domoticz (from the same sensor) via Domoticz HTTP controller was '-1' deg C. I checked the sensor values displayed in the MQTT Import device summary and it had a value '1' so guess there's a problem in importing negative numbers using MQTT Import or I've missed some aspect of configuration.

Oh yes, and my sensor device does go into sleep mode with a sleep awake time of about 8 seconds which seems to have fixed my previous problems where the sensor device couldn't get it's sensor values forwarded to any other device.

Please advise... Thanks
Rob
RobUpNorth

grovkillen
Core team member

Re: Generic - MQTT Import - Problem with Negative Numbers?

#2 Post by grovkillen » 04 Dec 2018, 21:32

What version are you using? If I remember correctly this was fixed some months ago.
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

robatbentley
Normal user

#3 Post by robatbentley » 04 Dec 2018, 22:54

I'm using mega-20181107 on the LCD device but don't have the version on the device with the sensor as it's located outdoors. ...but suspect it may be a few weeks older than the LCD.
Just upgraded the LCD device to ESP_Easy_mega-20181204_normal_ESP8266_4096 but temperature above freezing so can't test it just yet. See tomorrow as it's supposed to be below freezing tonight.
...and update the sensor device tomorrow too.
Thanks...
RobUpNorth

robatbentley
Normal user

#4 Post by robatbentley » 05 Dec 2018, 17:17

Updated all devices to ESP_Easy_mega-20181204_normal_ESP8266_4096 but now the weather has warmed up again. I'll confirm on the next frosty night.
RobUpNorth