RPIEasy

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er, enesbcs

enesbcs
Normal user

Re: RPIEasy

#51 Post by enesbcs » 11 Jan 2019, 18:19

iron wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 10:17 I am having difficulty uploading the MQTT cert file via the <ip>/filelist page. I can upload a .jpg and a .txt but not the TLS.pem, file even after I renamed it to TLS.txt
I'm opened /filelist just now from RPIEasy hosted by a Raspberry Pi Zero W.
(As browser i used a Firefox v63.0 on a desktop Ubuntu Linux OS.)
Clicked to Upload, browsed a "TLS.pem" file (~1.5kb size) from my desktop, clicked Upload, and TLS.pem appeared at the RPIEasy files/ directory with no problem.
To investigate it, please feel free to open a new issue at the github.
1. Update your RPIEasy from Github
2. Set Tools->Advanced->Web Log level to "Debug"
3. Retry uploading the problematic file and post the logs. (Also describe details about the OS, browser, complete path name of the file on your system, and attach the problematic file if possible)

iron
Normal user

#52 Post by iron » 11 Jan 2019, 19:16

enesbcs wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 18:19
iron wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 10:17 I am having difficulty uploading the MQTT cert file via the <ip>/filelist page. I can upload a .jpg and a .txt but not the TLS.pem, file even after I renamed it to TLS.txt
I'm opened /filelist just now from RPIEasy hosted by a Raspberry Pi Zero W.
(As browser i used a Firefox v63.0 on a desktop Ubuntu Linux OS.)
Clicked to Upload, browsed a "TLS.pem" file (~1.5kb size) from my desktop, clicked Upload, and TLS.pem appeared at the RPIEasy files/ directory with no problem.
To investigate it, please feel free to open a new issue at the github.
1. Update your RPIEasy from Github
2. Set Tools->Advanced->Web Log level to "Debug"
3. Retry uploading the problematic file and post the logs. (Also describe details about the OS, browser, complete path name of the file on your system, and attach the problematic file if possible)
FF "solved" the upload issue (Chrome still doesn't)

Connected to :

mqtt.gbridge.kappelt.net
MQTT server: mqtt.gbridge.kappelt.net
MQTT port: 8883
MQTT protocol: Version 3.1
TLS: TLS V1.2

MQTT.fx connects to it

Device log shows disconnects

19:36:06 Event: GenMQTT#Connected
19:36:06 Event: GenMQTT#Disconnected

-D
-D

enesbcs
Normal user

#53 Post by enesbcs » 11 Jan 2019, 21:11

iron wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 19:16 FF "solved" the upload issue (Chrome still doesn't)
Thank you for this information I can reproduce this bug with Chrome, and created a new issue for it.
iron wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 19:16 Connected to :

mqtt.gbridge.kappelt.net

MQTT.fx connects to it

I've used http://test.mosquitto.org/ for testing, but will try kappelt.net.

UDPATE: Refresh from Github then clear and readd you Controller Password, then Submit. I think issue will be fixed now.

budman1758
Normal user

#54 Post by budman1758 » 12 Jan 2019, 19:47

This is a request for update instructions to add to the readme in the Git page. I have been using "git-pull" and then rebooting the Pi. Was wondering if there is an easier way to update without rebooting the PI. My be helpful for all users. Thanks. :D

Perhaps an update mechanism in the tools page? Should I make a Git issue?
"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be".

enesbcs
Normal user

#55 Post by enesbcs » 12 Jan 2019, 20:29

budman1758 wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 19:47 This is a request for update instructions to add to the readme in the Git page. I have been using "git-pull" and then rebooting the Pi. Was wondering if there is an easier way to update without rebooting the PI. My be helpful for all users. Thanks. :D

Perhaps an update mechanism in the tools page? Should I make a Git issue?
If you are using the run.sh startup script (if "RPIEasy autostart at boot" checked, than run.sh is used for sure) then you can use "Tools->Exit"... after "git-pull". This way RPIEasy stopping itself, but run.sh kicks it back, so in fact it is not an exit, but a restart without rebooting the Pi. :)
Issue for some kind of update mechanism can be add, but will be tagged as "ETA: Next stable release", this is still a beta.

iron
Normal user

#56 Post by iron » 14 Jan 2019, 18:36

enesbcs wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 21:11
iron wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 19:16 FF "solved" the upload issue (Chrome still doesn't)
Thank you for this information I can reproduce this bug with Chrome, and created a new issue for it.
iron wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 19:16 Connected to :

mqtt.gbridge.kappelt.net

MQTT.fx connects to it

I've used http://test.mosquitto.org/ for testing, but will try kappelt.net.

UDPATE: Refresh from Github then clear and readd you Controller Password, then Submit. I think issue will be fixed now.
I could never connect to kappelt.

I just connected to cloudMQTT without security and I can publish / subscribe.

Yet in the log :

19:32:01 Event: GenMQTT#Connected
19:32:07 Unit alive: 3
19:32:14 Unit alive: 1
19:32:26 Unit alive: 2
19:32:26 MQTT connection error: 5

Although I am connected to cloudMQTT !!!

-D
-D

enesbcs
Normal user

#57 Post by enesbcs » 14 Jan 2019, 21:53

iron wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 18:36 Yet in the log :

-D
I've found a possible solution: MQTT servers do not like if password supplied after connect(). I applied a new variable to sign if password already applied and reverted back from connect_async() to simple blocking connect() method to make sure that disconnect will not arrive sooner than connect.

FYI: I can use cloudMQTT and kappelt.net MQTT servers without any problem.

seb82
Normal user

#58 Post by seb82 » 16 Jan 2019, 09:26

Just tested it on an old Raspberry 1 and it is really nice. I like it.

To keep everything consistent with other ESPEasy devices, would it be possible to take in account %tskname% and %valname% in the MQTT topics ? This is the default publish topic when selecting OpenHAB MQTT in ESPEasy : /%sysname%/%tskname%/%valname%

Thanks again
Sébastien - espRFLinkMQTT gateway RFLink MQTT on esp

iron
Normal user

#59 Post by iron » 16 Jan 2019, 12:46

enesbcs wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 21:53
iron wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 18:36 Yet in the log :

-D
I've found a possible solution: MQTT servers do not like if password supplied after connect(). I applied a new variable to sign if password already applied and reverted back from connect_async() to simple blocking connect() method to make sure that disconnect will not arrive sooner than connect.

FYI: I can use cloudMQTT and kappelt.net MQTT servers without any problem.
I moved from VM to RPi B+

Testing to cloudMQTT (no security)

This is the log :

11:44:44 Event: GenMQTT#Connected
11:45:01 Event: Clock#Time=Wed,11:45
11:45:03 MQTT connection error: 5 Invalid user/pass!
11:45:12 Event: GenMQTT#Disconnected

It can't be that difficult...

-D
-D

iron
Normal user

#60 Post by iron » 16 Jan 2019, 15:31

I need to send the system for a reboot every time I make any changes to the MQTT settings to get rid of the "issues".
Gets connected... stays connected... no disconnects... no user/pass warnings...

This is so far for the non secure... moving along with a TLS connection... will report back.

-D
-D

enesbcs
Normal user

#61 Post by enesbcs » 16 Jan 2019, 18:44

iron wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 15:31 I need to send the system for a reboot every time I make any changes to the MQTT settings to get rid of the "issues".

This is so far for the non secure... moving along with a TLS connection... will report back.
I am very sorry, but it is not easy for me to solve an issue, that i am unable to reproduce. :(
I think there are some network connection issues behind it, if a disconnect notification arrives from mqtt broker, i thought it is logical that there are no connection.. and when arriving connect notification and broker sends error 5 with it, it is not at all certain that previous connection remained active or disconnected (or never connected)... i think i have to implement an own connection testing method, that is not relying on these callbacks.

enesbcs
Normal user

#62 Post by enesbcs » 16 Jan 2019, 18:53

seb82 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 09:26 Just tested it on an old Raspberry 1 and it is really nice. I like it.

To keep everything consistent with other ESPEasy devices, would it be possible to take in account %tskname% and %valname% in the MQTT topics ? This is the default publish topic when selecting OpenHAB MQTT in ESPEasy : /%sysname%/%tskname%/%valname%

Thanks again
Nice to hear it.

I am a little uncertain what do you need exactly.
Default setting is:

Code: Select all

%sysname%/#/state
When you change it to:

/%sysname%/#
Then RPIEasy will automatically translate it to:
/%sysname%/taskname/valuename
with payload that contains the value.

Because "#" character will be replaced by taskname and valname automatically. This is the default behaviour of the Generic MQTT controller. I can implement %taskname% and %valuename% if the above is not working with OpenHab.

iron
Normal user

#63 Post by iron » 17 Jan 2019, 10:02

enesbcs wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 18:44
iron wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 15:31 I need to send the system for a reboot every time I make any changes to the MQTT settings to get rid of the "issues".

I am very sorry, but it is not easy for me to solve an issue, that i am unable to reproduce. :(
I think there are some network connection issues behind it, if a disconnect notification arrives from mqtt broker, i thought it is logical that there are no connection.. and when arriving connect notification and broker sends error 5 with it, it is not at all certain that previous connection remained active or disconnected (or never connected)... i think i have to implement an own connection testing method, that is not relying on these callbacks.
Why am I having such difficulties connecting to a secure MQTT ?

08:50:32 MQTT controller: mqtt.gbridge.kappelt.net:8883 connection failed

I use the same credentials on MQTTfx and all work at once with no issues...

What can I possible be doing wrong... you mentioned success with kappelt

A manual post returns :

08:58:17 CMD: publish gBridge/u326/d942/onoff,1
08:58:17 MQTT capable controller not found!

Which sounds reasonable as there is no connection established.

I use MQTTS/with cert and I point the "Server certificate file:" to the .pem file I previously uploaded

-D
-D

iron
Normal user

#64 Post by iron » 17 Jan 2019, 16:46

Hello,

' Password1# ' seemed to be the issue.. changing it to ' Password1 ' (no ' # ' at the end) now works in the RPIeasy.

Parsing issue ?

-D
-D

enesbcs
Normal user

#65 Post by enesbcs » 17 Jan 2019, 18:12

iron wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 16:46 Hello,

' Password1# ' seemed to be the issue.. changing it to ' Password1 ' (no ' # ' at the end) now works in the RPIeasy.

Parsing issue ?
This is very interesting.. there were "#" at the end of your password? And also a space: " "?
I do not do any parsing with the password, it is supplied to the Paho mqtt client without modifications. Except that JsonPickles library encodes all variables to the "data/controllers.json" file, which i have no influence over, as it is an external library.
UPDATE: I've tested, jsonpickles handle # characters without error, it may be located in the paho mqtt library.
UPDATE2: Paho Mqtt library does some strange (_pack_str16() is strange for me) utf-8 based conversions on the password string, but i do not see any problem there.
Altough "#" in Python has a special meaning.

Does that mean that MQTTS connection works with the new password?

seb82
Normal user

#66 Post by seb82 » 19 Jan 2019, 09:22

enesbcs wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 18:53 [...]
I am a little uncertain what do you need exactly.
[...]
Because "#" character will be replaced by taskname and valname automatically. This is the default behaviour of the Generic MQTT controller. I can implement %taskname% and %valuename% if the above is not working with OpenHab.
Indeed, my need was not very clear. In fact for publish topic I use %sysname%/%valname% for all my ESPEasy devices (ie without %tskname%). This was mainly for my home automation system (Jeedom with MQTT plugin) to avoid automatic creation of sub-devices. I also find it easier to read though this means being sure valname is unique (as I use this kind of name it is ok: t_room1, t_outdoor, ...).

If it is easy to implement %taskname% and %valuename% that would be great as it provides more flexibility. Otherwise, I can certainly survive without it :)
Sébastien - espRFLinkMQTT gateway RFLink MQTT on esp

enesbcs
Normal user

#67 Post by enesbcs » 19 Jan 2019, 10:57

seb82 wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 09:22 Indeed, my need was not very clear. In fact for publish topic I use %sysname%/%valname% for all my ESPEasy devices (ie without %tskname%). This was mainly for my home automation system (Jeedom with MQTT plugin) to avoid automatic creation of sub-devices. I also find it easier to read though this means being sure valname is unique (as I use this kind of name it is ok: t_room1, t_outdoor, ...).

If it is easy to implement %taskname% and %valuename% that would be great as it provides more flexibility. Otherwise, I can certainly survive without it :)
%tskname% and %valname% is now supported in C014. Altough the Command topic needs # sign also, this signs the end of the Subscribe topic. For ex: "%sysname%/#%valname%/set"

iron
Normal user

#68 Post by iron » 19 Jan 2019, 11:07

enesbcs wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 10:57
seb82 wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 09:22 Indeed, my need was not very clear. In fact for publish topic I use %sysname%/%valname% for all my ESPEasy devices (ie without %tskname%). This was mainly for my home automation system (Jeedom with MQTT plugin) to avoid automatic creation of sub-devices. I also find it easier to read though this means being sure valname is unique (as I use this kind of name it is ok: t_room1, t_outdoor, ...).

%tskname% and %valname% is now supported in C014. Altough the Command topic needs # sign also, this signs the end of the Subscribe topic. For ex: "%sysname%/#%valname%/set"
I s the cmd supported ?

%sysname%/#%valname%/cmd
with payload a command such as : gpio,<pin>,<state>

-D
-D

enesbcs
Normal user

#69 Post by enesbcs » 19 Jan 2019, 17:07

iron wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 11:07 I s the cmd supported ?
%sysname%/#%valname%/cmd
Yes, but the above will not work.
If you use this in the "Command topic"

%sysname%/#%valname%/
Or even this:

%sysname%/#%valname%/set
Then the controller will watch for:
%sysname%/cmd
and executes payload, for example gpio,<pin>,<state>
The # character marks the end of the subscribe topic. There are no reason for including the value name for this purpose.

The command topic serves other purpose, if you leave it as default:
%sysname%/#/set
then the controller will process all arriving messages for %sysname%/ and if it is ending with /set then tries to decode the TASKNAME and VALUENAME from the topic in the very same way, as the Report topic works, and tries to forward the incoming payload to this task. (if task is available) For obvious reasons this method may not work as expected, if not using the default topic templates.
But frankly i am a Domoticz user anyway, so i am not using it. :) I just pointed a method for using two way mqtt communication, which i am using with Domoticz MQTT.

iron
Normal user

#70 Post by iron » 19 Jan 2019, 18:21

enesbcs wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 17:07
iron wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 11:07 I s the cmd supported ?
%sysname%/#%valname%/cmd
Yes, but the above will not work.
If you use this in the "Command topic"

%sysname%/#%valname%/
Or even this:

%sysname%/#%valname%/set
Then the controller will watch for:
%sysname%/cmd
and executes payload, for example gpio,<pin>,<state>
The # character marks the end of the subscribe topic. There are no reason for including the value name for this purpose.

The command topic serves other purpose, if you leave it as default:
%sysname%/#/set
then the controller will process all arriving messages for %sysname%/ and if it is ending with /set then tries to decode the TASKNAME and VALUENAME from the topic in the very same way, as the Report topic works, and tries to forward the incoming payload to this task. (if task is available) For obvious reasons this method may not work as expected, if not using the default topic templates.
But frankly i am a Domoticz user anyway, so i am not using it. :) I just pointed a method for using two way mqtt communication, which i am using with Domoticz MQTT.
The # in my %sysname%/#%valname% was a typo meant it to be %sysname%/%valname%, sorry.

When I flip a gpio such as: gpio,5,1 I only get the payload "1" reported back but not the path "5" the payload belongs to.

I am subscribed via MQTTfx @ (kappelt) gBridge/u326/# (where I see all events passed the last /). Upon initial connection of the Generic MQTT to it I see a "PING" payload under gBridge/u326/Status.
When I trigger the gpio gpio,5,1 one would expect the payload to show under the pin number path such as gBridge/u326/5 with paylod of 1 but I only see gBridge/u326/ with payload of 1
This way I am not aware of the gpio that reported its value.

At least this is how the default ESPEASY works.

BTW I can not trigger a gpio w/o declaring it in the Tasks first ? (even after I set it as output at /pinout) ?

-D
-D

iron
Normal user

#71 Post by iron » 19 Jan 2019, 18:31

%sysname%/#/ is what it takes to report properly... that last / made the difference

-D
-D

enesbcs
Normal user

#72 Post by enesbcs » 19 Jan 2019, 20:40

iron wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 18:31 %sysname%/#/ is what it takes to report properly... that last / made the difference
I guess that it is working now as needed. :)
The PING payload is implemented in the latest commit, this is the only reliable way i found to check if the MQTT connection is opened and usable.

gpio command is located in the Switch plugin, this is by design, and this was the default working mode in ESPEasy at 2018 summer, when i started to code RPIEasy, and i prefer this method, as i am using RPIEasy on PC's where GPIO is not available. And there are more plugins which have usable commands, such as playaudio which is based on pygame, usbrelay which depends on HID package.. all of them needs their plugin to be loaded, at least to check dependencies, before try to use them. Modularity is my primary goal.

iron
Normal user

#73 Post by iron » 19 Jan 2019, 21:34

enesbcs wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 20:40
iron wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 18:31 %sysname%/#/ is what it takes to report properly... that last / made the difference
I guess that it is working now as needed. :)
The PING payload is implemented in the latest commit, this is the only reliable way i found to check if the MQTT connection is opened and usable.

gpio command is located in the Switch plugin, this is by design, and this was the default working mode in ESPEasy at 2018 summer, when i started to code RPIEasy, and i prefer this method, as i am using RPIEasy on PC's where GPIO is not available. And there are more plugins which have usable commands, such as playaudio which is based on pygame, usbrelay which depends on HID package.. all of them needs their plugin to be loaded, at least to check dependencies, before try to use them. Modularity is my primary goal.
That automatically means an MCP GPIO extender with 16 GPIOs is out of the question as there not enough tasks.

-D
-D

enesbcs
Normal user

#74 Post by enesbcs » 19 Jan 2019, 21:58

iron wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 21:34 That automatically means an MCP GPIO extender with 16 GPIOs is out of the question as there not enough tasks.
RPIEasy has 48 tasks enabled maximum. But if you wish, i can raise it to 256 tasks. RPI is an embedded computer and until you are out of it's 512-1024MB RAM, you can fill it.

Otherwise only 1 piece of Switch input plugin is needed to work with gpio command. If you want to maintain an Output status, you need one Output helper Plugin (P029) per pin. (Switch input is for tracking input's status, gpio command will not work on input pins as you know: the pin states (in/out) has to be defined before use in RPi.GPIO.) Although commands are in the Switch plugin for historical reasons, i can move them to the output plugin, but i do not see much meaning.

harm501
New user

#75 Post by harm501 » 20 Jan 2019, 12:29

I build a update script for RPiEasy

https://github.com/haraldtux/rpieasy-update

have fun
Greetings Harald
Esp Easy user from R76 , think cool, think old school!

StefanD
Normal user

#76 Post by StefanD » 18 Feb 2019, 19:23

Hi,
it is a very nice project and I run it for several days by now without problems. Regarding temperature sensor DS18B20 I think there is a bug in the software. I have 5 sensors connected on the same 1wire bus but I can connect and read temperature only on maximum two sensors. It is strange that all five device addresses are recognized when I tried to select the sensor I want to read but when I try to select the third reading address it is automatically selected the second of my choice, I don't understand why this happen.
Attachments
Pic2.jpg
Pic2.jpg (229.31 KiB) Viewed 59411 times

enesbcs
Normal user

#77 Post by enesbcs » 18 Feb 2019, 21:46

StefanD wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 19:23 Hi,
it is a very nice project and I run it for several days by now without problems. Regarding temperature sensor DS18B20 I think there is a bug in the software. I have 5 sensors connected on the same 1wire bus but I can connect and read temperature only on maximum two sensors. It is strange that all five device addresses are recognized when I tried to select the sensor I want to read but when I try to select the third reading address it is automatically selected the second of my choice, I don't understand why this happen.
You have just found a nasty bug.. i mistyped a 0 to an o. It is strange that you can choose even above the first element. :)
Please update&restart than retry.

micropet
Normal user

#78 Post by micropet » 21 Feb 2019, 10:40

Many thanks for your effort. That's a great idea.
I will equip and test a few Raspis with it.

I installed the program on a Debian machine in a virtual machine yesterday.

I am logged in there as root.
When trying to install a plugin I get the following error message:

10:35:31: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y python3-pip
/ bin / bash: sudo: command not found.
10:35:31: sudo -H pip3 install pyserial
/ bin / bash: sudo: command not found.
10:35:31:! 'Installcmd'

The software should notice that I am logged in as root and omit the "sudo".

Greetings Peter

asuz
Normal user

#79 Post by asuz » 25 Feb 2019, 11:15

Hello All, After a fresh install to a RPI Zero W with Dietpi, it cannot autostart at boot. I already click autostart at boot option on hardware tab but it didnot work. What do you suggest me?

enesbcs
Normal user

#80 Post by enesbcs » 25 Feb 2019, 17:15

asuz wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 11:15 Hello All, After a fresh install to a RPI Zero W with Dietpi, it cannot autostart at boot. I already click autostart at boot option on hardware tab but it didnot work. What do you suggest me?
I have an older DietPi v6.9 and in my installation the autostart function works. I hope you tried it with root user.
Please try to print your /etc/rc.local content with this console command after setting it in RPIEasy and after rebooting the RPI.

cat /etc/rc.local
I think that your root file system might be read only, and/or dietpi restores modified system files after reboot (some kind of overlayfs?). If this is true, it is up to you, to make /etc and /boot mounts to ReadWrite mode. The bad new is that if /boot/config.txt is also not writable, there will be other errors...
With pure Raspbian, there are no such thing.

Update: as i see it is an issue under investigation in DietPi: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2566
Last edited by enesbcs on 25 Feb 2019, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

enesbcs
Normal user

#81 Post by enesbcs » 25 Feb 2019, 19:29

micropet wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 10:40 The software should notice that I am logged in as root and omit the "sudo".
OK, it's fixed in today's commit.

micropet
Normal user

#82 Post by micropet » 26 Feb 2019, 12:38

Thank you.

asuz
Normal user

#83 Post by asuz » 26 Feb 2019, 14:27

enesbcs wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 17:15 Please try to print your /etc/rc.local content with this console command after setting it in RPIEasy and after rebooting the RPI.

cat /etc/rc.local
root@DietPi:~# cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh -e
/usr/bin/screen -d -m /root/rpieasy/run.sh
exit 0
root@DietPi:~#

enesbcs
Normal user

#84 Post by enesbcs » 26 Feb 2019, 17:58

asuz wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 14:27 root@DietPi:~# cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh -e
exit 0
root@DietPi:~#
Then rc.local contents persist when you reboot your RPI but RPIEasy did not start up?
Did you install screen? When you type "screen -r" can you see anything?

Did you try to run manually:

/root/rpieasy/run.sh
or:

The following command:

systemctl status rc-local.service
has to write something like "Active: active (exited)", if not, please copy that here.

asuz
Normal user

#85 Post by asuz » 27 Feb 2019, 13:29

enesbcs wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 17:58

systemctl status rc-local.service
has to write something like "Active: active (exited)", if not, please copy that here.
Thanks for all suggestions. I decided to migrate dietpi to raspbian-stretch. I test with raspbian-stretch and see that there is no issue about booting autostart of rpieasy. At the beginnig I prefer dietpi because of not using to much system resource as it says "diet". But when test it with raspbian-stretch it is similar system usage so there is no need to use dietpi. I only want to build a thermostat with rpieasy. So resolving linux issues is not my first purpose. Thanks again your suggestions.

StefanD
Normal user

#86 Post by StefanD » 28 Feb 2019, 10:54

Hi,
I want to know more about the implementation of the rules in rpi-easy if is similar with espeasy which is very basic due to the memory limitation of the esp8266. Do you think that rules can be implemented like writing a python script inside the rules page to import and run external python modules with the variables from rpieasy?
Thanks
Stefan D.

enesbcs
Normal user

#87 Post by enesbcs » 28 Feb 2019, 17:18

StefanD wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 10:54 Hi,
I want to know more about the implementation of the rules in rpi-easy if is similar with espeasy which is very basic due to the memory limitation of the esp8266. Do you think that rules can be implemented like writing a python script inside the rules page to import and run external python modules with the variables from rpieasy?
Thanks
Stefan D.
In fact, i am using the Python eval() function to evaluate IF conditions currently. So it is possible to make some complex one line conditions, and as i know i do not set any limits on nesting events into each other.

I was thinking about its implementation earlier but:
1/ if you know how to code python, than you can make your own python plugin, as external python modules does exactly the same as python plugins. if you do not know how to code python, there is no need for this feature. (i can imagine some use-case but not so many)
2/ i am trying to maintain compatibility with ESPEasy rules as possible (which is well documented and good for simple tasks)

Technically it is possible to evaluate all RPIEasy variables, device values and globals, before i call python eval() and it can serve as an alternative Rule engine, but i have other goals to achieve in this year, which is closer to me. If you think this feature is necessary, please open a new issue on the github for it, and it will be implemented someday.

asuz
Normal user

#88 Post by asuz » 15 Mar 2019, 19:50

Is there any option that RPIEasy remember last state of GPIO after reboot?

enesbcs
Normal user

#89 Post by enesbcs » 16 Mar 2019, 11:08

asuz wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 19:50 Is there any option that RPIEasy remember last state of GPIO after reboot?
Raspberry has 3 option for output pin state at boot-time:
1/Output (in real world this is also changes to Low at boot)
2/Output-Lo
3/Output-Hi

I've added "Preserve state at startup" option to P029 Output helper plugin. It restores output pin state on selected GPIO to the last known one, which is saved at normal restart/shutdown. But as RPIEasy is an application it will kicks on several seconds after OS boot...

asuz
Normal user

#90 Post by asuz » 16 Mar 2019, 11:57

enesbcs wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 11:08
asuz wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 19:50 Is there any option that RPIEasy remember last state of GPIO after reboot?
Raspberry has 3 option for output pin state at boot-time:
1/Output (in real world this is also changes to Low at boot)
2/Output-Lo
3/Output-Hi

I've added "Preserve state at startup" option to P029 Output helper plugin. It restores output pin state on selected GPIO to the last known one, which is saved at normal restart/shutdown. But as RPIEasy is an application it will kicks on several seconds after OS boot...
You mean that RPIEasy already include P029 Output helper plugin for remember last state of GPIO? If yes mine always forget last state :(. (RPIEasy 0.19.075).
By the way how can I connect LCD screen like 20X4? I see there is options for OLEDs but not LCD's

enesbcs
Normal user

#91 Post by enesbcs » 16 Mar 2019, 18:10

asuz wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 11:57 You mean that RPIEasy already include P029 Output helper plugin for remember last state of GPIO? If yes mine always forget last state :(. (RPIEasy 0.19.075).
By the way how can I connect LCD screen like 20X4? I see there is options for OLEDs but not LCD's
Strange, because it is working for me. I have setted GPIO17 to Output type, added a P029 device, setted to HIGH with "gpio,17,1", and after rebooting from Tools->Reboot than the RPI is restarting than P029 device value stays 1 and in Hardware->Pinouts&Ports i also see it HIGH, and also the Logs says that it setted to High (Event: o17#State=1).
Did you downloaded new lib file also? Did you deleted and recreated P029 device or did you use an existing entry? Did you checked and submitted "Preserve" setting at P029? And examine logs please...

LiquidCrystal_I2C LCD? At this time this is not supported, but i have somewhere one for testing. I am opening a new issue for it.

enesbcs
Normal user

#92 Post by enesbcs » 16 Mar 2019, 23:43

asuz wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 11:57 You mean that RPIEasy already include P029 Output helper plugin for remember last state of GPIO? If yes mine always forget last state :(. (RPIEasy 0.19.075).
Please try latest commit. After i set specific GPIO to high, i've done a reboot, and i get this:

22:51:48: Pi Zero W 40 pins
22:51:49: Event: o17#State=1
22:51:49: o17: Restoring previous GPIO value 1
22:51:49: Event: System#Boot
22:51:49: Webserver starting at port 80
22:51:50: Event: Clock#Time=Sat,22:51
You have to use something similar, except if you set it to low or gpio type is not output. If not, please double check that you run it as root and/or data/tasks.json is writable.
asuz wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 11:57 By the way how can I connect LCD screen like 20X4? I see there is options for OLEDs but not LCD's
Update: from latest commit, it is now possible to use I2C LCD.
https://github.com/enesbcs/rpieasy/issues/51

asuz
Normal user

#93 Post by asuz » 18 Mar 2019, 13:32

enesbcs wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 23:43
Please try latest commit. After i set specific GPIO to high, i've done a reboot, and i get this:

22:51:48: Pi Zero W 40 pins
22:51:49: Event: o17#State=1
22:51:49: o17: Restoring previous GPIO value 1
22:51:49: Event: System#Boot
22:51:49: Webserver starting at port 80
22:51:50: Event: Clock#Time=Sat,22:51
You have to use something similar, except if you set it to low or gpio type is not output. If not, please double check that you run it as root and/or data/tasks.json is writable.
asuz wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 11:57 By the way how can I connect LCD screen like 20X4? I see there is options for OLEDs but not LCD's
Update: from latest commit, it is now possible to use I2C LCD.
https://github.com/enesbcs/rpieasy/issues/51
Dear enesbcs, here is the situations;
when i set specific (17) GPIO to high then command to http://x.x.x.x/control?cmd=GPIO,17,1 then reboot, it become GPIO state 1 ok but command to http://x.x.x.x/control?cmd=GPIO,17,0 then reboot it become 1 again. So it doesnot remember last state. I want RPIEasy remember last state. I hope you understand me.

Another issue is LCD and OLED's at RPIEasy. I cannot get display even oled or lcd. Here is dependencies page. I test my oled and lcd at nodemcu so there is nothing wrong with them. What can I do to solve that issue?
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-03-18 RPIEasy.png
Screenshot_2019-03-18 RPIEasy.png (120.34 KiB) Viewed 58663 times

enesbcs
Normal user

#94 Post by enesbcs » 18 Mar 2019, 18:36

asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 13:32 Dear enesbcs, here is the situations;
when i set specific (17) GPIO to high then command to http://x.x.x.x/control?cmd=GPIO,17,1 then reboot, it become GPIO state 1 ok but command to http://x.x.x.x/control?cmd=GPIO,17,0 then reboot it become 1 again. So it doesnot remember last state. I want RPIEasy remember last state. I hope you understand me.
I will try to reproduce this issue. Are there any hardware connected to GPIO17 pin?
asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 13:32 Another issue is LCD and OLED's at RPIEasy. I cannot get display even oled or lcd. Here is dependencies page. I test my oled and lcd at nodemcu so there is nothing wrong with them. What can I do to solve that issue?
Please show me your Hardware->I2C Scan page contents, and the Logs at the time when you enabled the LCD/OLED plugin.

enesbcs
Normal user

#95 Post by enesbcs » 18 Mar 2019, 19:55

asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 13:32 state 1 ok but command to http://x.x.x.x/control?cmd=GPIO,17,0 then reboot it become 1 again. So it doesnot remember last state. I want RPIEasy remember last state. I hope you understand me.
Thanks for clarification, i have succesfully reproduced this issue, which caused by a flow in the reboot sequence handling, and i think it is solved in today's commit.
asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 13:32 Another issue is LCD and OLED's at RPIEasy.
I am attaching some pictures which you have to see before even thinking to enable any I2C related plugin.
Attachments
I2C Scan
I2C Scan
rpi_i2c_2.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 58648 times
HW
HW
rpi_i2c_1.jpg (101.11 KiB) Viewed 58648 times

asuz
Normal user

#96 Post by asuz » 18 Mar 2019, 21:38

enesbcs wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 19:55 I am attaching some pictures which you have to see before even thinking to enable any I2C related plugin.

Thank for responce, my Pinout&Ports page is similar to yours but how can I sure about my root permissions?

enesbcs
Normal user

#97 Post by enesbcs » 18 Mar 2019, 22:19

asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 21:38 Thank for responce, my Pinout&Ports page is similar to yours but how can I sure about my root permissions?
It's pretty simple. on hardware page, there are a red warning if you are not root, and at Pinout&Ports there are no submit button if you have no root rights.
How about I2C scanning?

asuz
Normal user

#98 Post by asuz » 18 Mar 2019, 23:02

enesbcs wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 22:19
asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 21:38 Thank for responce, my Pinout&Ports page is similar to yours but how can I sure about my root permissions?
It's pretty simple. on hardware page, there are a red warning if you are not root, and at Pinout&Ports there are no submit button if you have no root rights.
How about I2C scanning?
Sorry about it but here is the pages for your reference, there is nothing at my OLED. Am I missing something? Please can you check?
Attachments
pinout.png
pinout.png (81.38 KiB) Viewed 58599 times
hardware.png
hardware.png (26.51 KiB) Viewed 58599 times
display.png
display.png (36.35 KiB) Viewed 58599 times
i2cscanner.png
i2cscanner.png (14.02 KiB) Viewed 58599 times

enesbcs
Normal user

#99 Post by enesbcs » 19 Mar 2019, 06:56

asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 23:02 Sorry about it but here is the pages for your reference, there is nothing at my OLED. Am I missing something? Please can you check?
Try to set interval to 5 sec or any non-zero value... this way it's content written in the setted interval.

asuz
Normal user

#100 Post by asuz » 19 Mar 2019, 10:24

enesbcs wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 06:56
asuz wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 23:02 Sorry about it but here is the pages for your reference, there is nothing at my OLED. Am I missing something? Please can you check?
Try to set interval to 5 sec or any non-zero value... this way it's content written in the setted interval.
Thanks for that suggestion, it works with non-zero values. Actually I donot touch that area beause it says "Optional for this Device". Maybe that helps somebody after me. Thank you very muchhhhh again :)

What about remember last state situation at GPIO? Did you solve that issue?