Newbie questiom.

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Hairyloon
Normal user

Newbie questiom.

#1 Post by Hairyloon » 07 May 2019, 12:59

Hi,
I'm sorry, but I expect this is a question with an RTFB answer, but I've had a pig of a time just trying to get the damn module to work at all (dodgy adaptor), and I'm having a pig of a job on another project so I thought I'd just come here and look stupid with a stupid question and hope that nobody minds too much.

So, I've got an ESP-01 sitting here taking readings and I can log into the interface and see the data, and I can even open up the log and have it list the data: all fine.
What I want to is to put the data into a graph, either in real time, or to save it broadcasting all the time and draining the battery, to store the data and download it periodically in bigger chunks.
What's the easiest/best/most sensible way to do this?

rayE
Normal user

Re: Newbie questiom.

#2 Post by rayE » 07 May 2019, 20:32

You could send the data to the cloud and use an IOT service such as https://thingspeak.com. This will provide you with a maximum of 8 data fields that can be updated simultaneously from your device (minimum update time for the free service is 15 seconds per update). You can set things up on the ESPEasy end to either use the Thingspeak controller (max 4 fields) OR use SendToHTTP (max 8 fields) in rules, example below.

Code: Select all

SendToHTTP api.thingspeak.com,80,/update?key=yourWriteAPIkey&field1=[HLW_Accu#V]&field2=[HLW_Accu#A]&field3=[HLW_Accu#W]&field4=[HLW_Accu#Count]&field5=[S_Info#WiFi]&field6=[S_Info#Load]&field7=[S_Info#Uptime]&field8=[VAR#1]
As far as im aware ESPEasy does NOT handle arrays so im uncertain if you can store chunks of data and send all at one time?

Regards
Ray

Hairyloon
Normal user

Re: Newbie questiom.

#3 Post by Hairyloon » 08 May 2019, 19:07

Thanks. I'll take a look at that.