Can't Connect ESP_0 Wi-Fi Network

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

batuhanfaik
New user

Can't Connect ESP_0 Wi-Fi Network

#1 Post by batuhanfaik » 18 Jan 2016, 13:23

I'm using a NodeMCU module. I've done everything completely right on this page http://www.esp8266.nu/index.php/Tutoria ... are_Upload. But whenever I want to connect to wifi ESP_0 I can't. It usually says authentication error - Android Lollipop 5.1 (Can't connect to this network - Windows 10, Authentication required by Wi-Fi network - Ubuntu 15.10). I know that default pass is "configesp". I've tried using the default pass and changing it too. I've got it connected once in over 50 attempts. Then when I've finally got it working I've added an admin pass for the login of the interface of ESP. It went BOOM! Whenever I go to 192.168.4.1 it forwarded me to 192.168.4.1/login.htlm but browser said ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. I don't know what to do at this point. I've tried every other possible attempt over and over again. I've flashed the NodeMCU again now I still can't even connect to ESP_0. Thank you for your help!

Martinus

Re: Can't Connect ESP_0 Wi-Fi Network

#2 Post by Martinus » 18 Jan 2016, 20:56

In case of issues, always check the serial output using Arduino Serial monitor.
You can also try to connect to Wifi using the serial commands:

Code: Select all

wifissid <your ssid>
wifikey <your wpakey>
save
reboot
and see what happens...

You can also type 'settings' as serial command and verify the running config.

batuhanfaik
New user

Re: Can't Connect ESP_0 Wi-Fi Network

#3 Post by batuhanfaik » 19 Jan 2016, 12:17

I've tried to brute-force crack my ESP_0 pass with Kali Linux and it worked :) I've learnt my pass, although I can't make it work with Domoticz and can't control NodeMCU with Domotiz, I've done the setup of the ESPEasy interface. How can I connect/control GPIOs of my NodeMCU with Domoticz via WiFi and log sensor data? There is also one thing that I wonder. Can I control and send programs/commands to my Arduino Due using NodeMCU?