Plugin stopped working after ESP Easy update

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

tim
Normal user

Plugin stopped working after ESP Easy update

#1 Post by tim » 25 Oct 2019, 15:03

Just updatet my ESP Easy unit, now the P253_SmartNodeRules plugin no longer works. No messages anymore. Anyone know what changed? Not the plugin. Is 3 months old.

Go back to older ESP Easy, plugin works.

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Plugin stopped working after ESP Easy update

#2 Post by TD-er » 25 Oct 2019, 17:02

I think you should give a bit more information here.
P253 is not included in the main repository, so it must be a build you made yourself.

What version was running and what version is no longer working? (preferably list this interval as narrow as possible)

tim
Normal user

#3 Post by tim » 27 Oct 2019, 17:10

TD-er wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 17:02 I think you should give a bit more information here.
P253 is not included in the main repository, so it must be a build you made yourself.

What version was running and what version is no longer working? (preferably list this interval as narrow as possible)
I think i used wrong code before. To make sure i know what version, downloaded Arduino and ESP Easy again from github and put the plugin in the directory. Compiling with 2.5.2. version in Arduino. Thing got not much better now it not even compiles with this error: :cry:

_P253_SmartNodeRules:301: error: 'Plugin_id' was not declared in this scope
if (Plugin_id[x] == Settings.TaskDeviceNumber[y])

The plugin is needed to get messages from Smartnoderules into Domoticz using ESP Easy, but already this part is failing.

I planned to have my new LSC doorsensor controlling a simple light (already connected in Domoticz) this weekend. Needs to be quick, so less than a second will be ok. Visited many forums already like this one, and Domoticz and Tasmota and more but i am struggling to get any step closer to a working system.
Feeling between sad and angry (on myself) now. :cry: :evil: :mrgreen:

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 27 Oct 2019, 19:49

Well the plugins on the playground are not updated, but the core of ESPeasy is being updated.
I do realize this is not the most practical solution, but I don't have a perfect solution for it.

One option could be to move all playground plugins to the main repository, but that does need a lot of time to make all plugins compatible again with the current state of ESPEasy.
Also the quality of the plugins on the Playground does differ a lot and not all are useful anymore. Either already moved to the main repository or become obsolete for other reasons.

I think the best compromise is to add an issue on GitHub to move a plugin from the playground to the main repo.
That's the only way the plugin will be supported when other changes are made.