Feature Request collection/list

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

dynode
New user

Re: Feature Request collection/list

#51 Post by dynode » 25 Mar 2016, 01:32

I am running build 48 and I notice that ESP Easy will publish temperatures from one wire even if they are clearly in error. For example, the log says error with the temperature sensor but will publish a value of 0.00 to MQTT and will also show this value on the devices page. Also, if a DS1820 reports an error by returning "85.00" it will be accepted as a valid temperature, showing up on the devices page and being published by MQTT.

Is this solved in any newer builds?

BertB
Normal user

#52 Post by BertB » 25 Mar 2016, 11:43

I am not sure all the issues you mention are cured in higher versions, but I do know things are improved overtime, also for the DHT.
The latest stable is R078 and the beta is even at 91. However be careful if you consider to upgrade to versions R084 and up. You need to use Arduino 1.6.8 with ESP package 2.1.0.

chunter1
Normal user

#53 Post by chunter1 » 27 Mar 2016, 22:03

Here another feature Request:
When connection to the WLAN-AP fails, the ESPEasy node shall periodically toggle between connection retry and AP-mode.

Suggestion:
1) After 30 failed connection retries - change to AP mode
2) If in AP mode and if there is no client connected for more than 1 minute, change back to client mode and try to reconnect to the specified WLAN AP
3) goto 1

NietGiftig
Normal user

#54 Post by NietGiftig » 28 Mar 2016, 13:17

chunter1 wrote: Suggestion:
2) If in AP mode and if there is no client connected for more than 1 minute, change back to client mode and try to reconnect to the specified WLAN AP
3) goto 1
How long does it take to get 30 connection retries.
So I have to wait for 30 retries staring at my computer until I see the access-point appear and then I have 1 minute to connect the AP?
How many modules you have?

The question is, why does it go to the AP mode if it is a working configuration?
If your network is changed (other name/password/...) there must be a better way then sitting at your computer waiting till all your modules have gone to 30 retries, and please do not miss the one minute AP period, else you have to wait another round.

The situation now is that you have to do walk around the house to do an off/on switch if your network has not changed but disappeared for too long.

I personally rather have no change to AP once defined
Possibly an small switch to force the ESP in AP mode.
I know, if you have an ESP-01 you do have not got one pin free, but lets face it, there are more and more ESP12 in use.
You can always go back to the serial for a change of the IP settings

But its a matter of choice i know :)

5ko
Normal user

NTC thermistor (collection/list or complex analog formula )

#55 Post by 5ko » 28 Mar 2016, 22:48

Hi to all
Somewhere in the forum I found that lists of wishes does do not extend to sensors that already exist in several forms, for example, thermal sensors ...
But NTC Thermistor are still widely used in various devices, especially in refrigeration and air-conditioning ... Sometimes it is not easy replace with the digital sensor like 18b20.
In this sense, the most commonly used NTC thermistor perfectly described:

https://learn.adafruit.com/thermistor/u ... thermistor

If it can not be included in the collection/list would need any help with the integration of these sensors in the ESP Easy whether I should make a change in the A1115 analog IC plug in, but which sends only int. not float... or should I add somewhere more complex analog formula...
Any help would welcome Thanks.
Regards
5ko

costo
Normal user

Re: NTC thermistor (collection/list or complex analog formula )

#56 Post by costo » 29 Mar 2016, 01:11

5ko wrote: In this sense, the most commonly used NTC thermistor perfectly described:

https://learn.adafruit.com/thermistor/u ... thermistor

If it can not be included in the collection/list would need any help with the integration of these sensors in the ESP Easy whether I should make a change in the A1115 analog IC plug in, but which sends only int. not float... or should I add somewhere more complex analog formula...
Any help would welcome Thanks.
Regards
5ko
I don't see the benefits of a special plug-in for use with thermistors. Usually you can already work with them.

There are different kinds of thermistors, NTC, PTC, PT100, each may have a different resistance at a certain temperature. They all have in common that the resistance varies more or less non-lineair with temperature.
In practice you connect a stable known resistor in serie and measure the voltage over the thermistor on the ADC pin. The value of the series resistor depends on the type of thermistor you use and on the range you like to measure. Most thermistor are not accurately manufactured and have slightly different characteristics, so each device would need a calibration.
When you use a PT100 or PT1000 or similar device, these have a accurately known characteristic of resistance versus temperature. With these you can calculate temperature without calibration.

Also you can use the 'level control' device to switch an output at a certain level on the ADC pin, meaning a certain temperature.

If you really need to know the temperature without any calculation and/or a look-up table I advice you to use a dedicated temperature sensor and forget about the thermistor.

chunter1
Normal user

#57 Post by chunter1 » 29 Mar 2016, 09:59

NietGiftig wrote:
chunter1 wrote: Suggestion:
3) goto 1
How long does it take to get 30 connection retries.
So I have to wait for 30 retries staring at my computer until I see the access-point appear and then I have 1 minute to connect the AP?
How many modules you have?
The question is, why does it go to the AP mode if it is a working configuration?
If your network is changed (other name/password/...) there must be a better way then sitting at your computer waiting till all your modules have gone to 30 retries, and please do not miss the one minute AP period, else you have to wait another round.
The situation now is that you have to do walk around the house to do an off/on switch if your network has not changed but disappeared for too long.
As you can read, it was just a suggestion - not an attack at you :)
Feel free to change the 30 to 1 retries, and the 1 minute to 1 hour. ;)

The point is, that if there is a poor connectin between the AP and the ESP and you CAN NOT change that situation, the ESP should never get stuck in AP mode after 30 failed connection retries.
In remote installations it is a no-go to get locked out needing a power cycle to recover.
Possibly an small switch to force the ESP in AP mode.
I know, if you have an ESP-01 you do have not got one pin free, but lets face it, there are more and more ESP12 in use.
You can always go back to the serial for a change of the IP settings.
Using a switch is no good idea since the alternative - a power cycle - costs nothing.
And using the serial Interface is the last thing you want to be reliant on in the field - besides the fact, that some people use these pins after setup for other purpose.

NietGiftig
Normal user

#58 Post by NietGiftig » 29 Mar 2016, 12:13

chunter1 wrote: As you can read, it was just a suggestion - not an attack at you :)
Where did I wrote that I was feeling attacked?
Feel free to change the 30 to 1 retries, and the 1 minute to 1 hour. ;)
Using a switch is no good idea since the alternative - a power cycle - costs nothing.
I wrote
A power cycle is not an alternative for a switch because a power cycle is not necessary anymore, the ESP always stay in the defined status.
When the router and/or your automation system is back on, transmission is restored.
And that is what we all want
Feel free to change the 30 to 1 retries, and the 1 minute to 1 hour.
No, why would i have a missed connection now and then been followed by a not necessary switch to AP and longer loss of transmission

But when there is no automatic change to AP anymore, the only thing that can bring the ESP to AP is a switch (small builtin print button), cost 10 ct or less.
Little hole in enclosure, paperclip you know what I mean
Many devices have one, see you router or other electronic device with processor.
Often called reset switch, not really rocket-science

And only necessary when you have no alternative then switch back to AP.

5ko
Normal user

#59 Post by 5ko » 29 Mar 2016, 14:39

Dear costo,
maybe I was not clear enough, or you may missed the point ...
It is about the fact that there are serious branded machines with alrady built-in NTC thermistors and what is more important they are sometimes difficult to mechanically interchangeable or glued/ sealed in a mechanical assembly and therefore I was forced to use them. Due to nonlinearities I must have PDF from producer NTC thermistors and so I bit calculation with the Beta correction and the reference temperature correction ... Theory resistance / temperature / current / voltage is well known to me but I still forced to use it. Tests with code from the link/Adafruit showed very good results ...well, solution that anyone can help me in part of the A1115 plug-in to make a modification to this component sends float rather than int and later I'll implement a code from Adafruit examples or the same option is for arduino expansion because in this version I also need to send float from buffer ...
Thanks for fast reply costo and regards.

chunter1
Normal user

#60 Post by chunter1 » 29 Mar 2016, 15:42

@NietGiftig
Please read the argument i gave before again carefully and you'll understand why my suggestion makes sense.
And if it makes you happy, go and attach a button to it - that's ok - just unnecessary.
However i don't have time discussing bad ideas, sorry ;)

NietGiftig
Normal user

#61 Post by NietGiftig » 29 Mar 2016, 16:12

chunter1 wrote: Please read the argument i gave before again carefully and you'll understand why my suggestion makes sense.
And if it makes you happy, go and attach a button to it - that's ok - just unnecessary.
However i don't have time discussing bad ideas, sorry ;)
No argument from chunter to a logical remark, maybe he(she?) has not one
Response from a child I think.
And I have no time to argue with children, so, to the ignore bin.

costo
Normal user

#62 Post by costo » 29 Mar 2016, 16:51

5ko wrote:Dear costo,
maybe I was not clear enough, or you may missed the point ...
Maybe ;)

It seems you want ESPEasy to do some extra calculation and/or lookup_table correction for you.
Usually ESPEasy collects some data, eventually do some simple basic mathematics on the data and sends that data to a controller.
The target controller can do more complicated calculation/correction while processing the data.

Ofcourse nobody can withhold you from modifying the A115 plugin for your own use.
If you know the formula that needs to be applied to the raw data it must not be too difficult to modify the source to your own needs.
I can not help you with that.

Why not start a new topic for that ?

5ko
Normal user

#63 Post by 5ko » 29 Mar 2016, 19:49

Respekt costo,
Thanks for the suggestion that way I will do.
All the best.

fiets
New user

#64 Post by fiets » 01 Apr 2016, 16:08

I would like the following features:

Turn a gio port on for a certain time (by value). This way I am not depending on a server for switching off. This is usefull for switching on a valve which has to close after a certian time. If the server hangs the esp switches off the port itself.

Also I would like an alarmmode, so a lamp can be switched on and of with 3 flashes after eachother.
From a server this is not possible.

I wonder if someone else also like these features…

Thanks in advance…

nonflammable
Normal user

#65 Post by nonflammable » 01 Apr 2016, 19:52

1) toggle - set selected GPIO to 0 when is 1 or set to 1 when is 0

Code: Select all

http://<ESP IP address>/control?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,TOGGLE
2) read status of selected GPIO, and return 1, 0, PWM=xxxx, etc.

http://<ESP IP address>/status?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,READ
3) timer switch (when NTP is enabled) (yes, I know it can be set by Rules - Clock#Time)

http://<ESP IP address>/control?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,1,14:30 //set timer switch ON at 14:30
http://<ESP IP address>/control?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,0,15:00 //set timer switch OFF at 15:00

rajbadri
Normal user

#66 Post by rajbadri » 03 Apr 2016, 14:16

Notifications for Pushbullet, Pushover or Ifttt directly without domoticz server.

chunter1
Normal user

#67 Post by chunter1 » 05 Apr 2016, 13:35

I really miss an optionally selectable periodic input/output-pin status transmit timer.
Also not beeing able to select "Send Boot state" for PCF8574 IO expanders is problematic.

The reason why is, that when there is a communication failure or a server/switch... reboot and the status of an input/output changes in that moment, the server will hold the obsolete status until the next espeasy-reboot or status change.
This can get very "inconvenient". ;)

The feature should be available for all I/Os (internal GPIOs and external extensions like PCF8574...)

Thanks

Martinus

#68 Post by Martinus » 10 Apr 2016, 10:38

nonflammable wrote:1) toggle - set selected GPIO to 0 when is 1 or set to 1 when is 0

http://<ESP IP address>/control?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,TOGGLE
2) read status of selected GPIO, and return 1, 0, PWM=xxxx, etc.

http://<ESP IP address>/status?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,READ
3) timer switch (when NTP is enabled) (yes, I know it can be set by Rules - Clock#Time)

http://<ESP IP address>/control?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,1,14:30 //set timer switch ON at 14:30
http://<ESP IP address>/control?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,0,15:00 //set timer switch OFF at 15:00
1) is added as #57
2) is already build in development release 85, you can use cmd=status,gpio,<pin>
3) is added as #58

Martinus

#69 Post by Martinus » 10 Apr 2016, 10:39

rajbadri wrote:Notifications for Pushbullet, Pushover or Ifttt directly without domoticz server.
Added as #59

Martinus

#70 Post by Martinus » 10 Apr 2016, 10:43

chunter1 wrote:I really miss an optionally selectable periodic input/output-pin status transmit timer.
Also not beeing able to select "Send Boot state" for PCF8574 IO expanders is problematic.

The reason why is, that when there is a communication failure or a server/switch... reboot and the status of an input/output changes in that moment, the server will hold the obsolete status until the next espeasy-reboot or status change.

The feature should be available for all I/Os (internal GPIOs and external extensions like PCF8574...)

Thanks
Already listed as #39. The boot state for PCF (and MCP) is added as #60
First trial on both #39 and #60 will be available in R98

Martinus

#71 Post by Martinus » 10 Apr 2016, 10:45

BertB wrote:Is it possible to enhance the Settings Save routine so that the Unit number becomes part of the standard name. Something like:
config_unit1.txt
Added as #55

Martinus

#72 Post by Martinus » 10 Apr 2016, 10:45

msev wrote:RC522 Rfid reader support would be cool :) (https://github.com/Jorgen-VikingGod/ESP8266-MFRC522)
Added as #53

Martinus

#73 Post by Martinus » 10 Apr 2016, 10:48

chunter1 wrote:Here another feature Request:
When connection to the WLAN-AP fails, the ESPEasy node shall periodically toggle between connection retry and AP-mode.

Suggestion:
3) goto 1
Added as #56

5ko
Normal user

#74 Post by 5ko » 10 Apr 2016, 10:51

Excellent function nicely work .... Just one question that comes to mind whether to have two kinds of login, such as user login and admin login for example, that user can only configure wifi and with admin login all other functions & configurations...,perhaps and that the advanced panel has a kind of check box which confers certain rights for user login....
Regards ;)

Martinus

#75 Post by Martinus » 10 Apr 2016, 10:54

fiets wrote:I would like the following features:

Turn a gio port on for a certain time (by value). This way I am not depending on a server for switching off. This is usefull for switching on a valve which has to close after a certian time. If the server hangs the esp switches off the port itself.

Also I would like an alarmmode, so a lamp can be switched on and of with 3 flashes after eachother.
From a server this is not possible.

I wonder if someone else also like these features…

Thanks in advance…
Your first request could be done with the longpulse command available as of development release R82.
The alarm feature can possibly be done using the experimental rules feature as of development release R86, using a series of gpio and delay commands?

5ko
Normal user

#76 Post by 5ko » 10 Apr 2016, 10:56

I thought about that IFTTT works fine ...

chunter1
Normal user

#77 Post by chunter1 » 10 Apr 2016, 14:27

chunter1 wrote:I really miss an optionally selectable periodic input/output-pin status transmit timer.

Thanks
Thank you very much for the quick implementation in R98! ;)

dduley
Normal user

#78 Post by dduley » 10 Apr 2016, 19:12

Hi again,

Loving the new features!

Can the current I/O state be used in rules?
Example:
on Button#Value do
if [PCFGPIO,4]=0
pcfgpio,4,1
else
pcfgpio,4,0
endif
endon

this would allow the use of a momentary push button to control an output in a Push-on/Push-off style

Martinus

#79 Post by Martinus » 13 Apr 2016, 16:42

dduley wrote:Hi again,

Loving the new features!

Example:
on Button#Value do
if [PCFGPIO,4]=0
pcfgpio,4,1
else
pcfgpio,4,0
endif
endon

this would allow the use of a momentary push button to control an output in a Push-on/Push-off style
Sorry, but that will not work. The [..#..] will be substituted with a value if it can find a matching taskname/taskvalue pair.

This might work however:

on Button#Value do
 pcfgpio,4,[Button#Value]
endon

dduley
Normal user

#80 Post by dduley » 13 Apr 2016, 19:49

Martinus wrote:

Sorry, but that will not work. The [..#..] will be substituted with a value if it can find a matching taskname/taskvalue pair.

This might work however:

on Button#Value do
 pcfgpio,4,[Button#Value]
endon
Yeah, but that won't latch (Will it?). What I want is a Push-On, Push-Off type response. You push the button once and the PCFGPIO turns on. You push the button again and the PCFGPIO goes off. This will require some knowledge of the current state of the PCFGPIO.

How are the rules executed? Does a change event cause the rules to be run or are the rules evaluated continuously? If the rules are evaluated only on a change then your suggestion may work.

as always -Thanks!

tozett
Normal user

#81 Post by tozett » 13 Apr 2016, 20:49

Wishlist: config in xml/text

i had some weeks pause in following this forum, now i wanted to configure my new wemos d1.
i cant remember the old settings from my other ESP and i thought i look them up in the config backup.

BUT they are binary....puhhh. wish i could have read them as text...next time ?

chunter1
Normal user

#82 Post by chunter1 » 14 Apr 2016, 15:12

Feature requested: ON/OFF button on webinterface device-page to test GPIOs

For setup test and remote control purpose, it would be very convenient if there were small ON/OFF buttons next to I/O GPIOs on the webinterface to immediately test functionality.

Martinus

#83 Post by Martinus » 15 Apr 2016, 17:26

chunter1 wrote:.
Feature requested: ON/OFF button on webinterface device-page to test GPIOs

For setup test and remote control purpose, it would be very convenient if there were small ON/OFF buttons next to I/O GPIOs on the webinterface to immediately test functionality.
You can simply type the GPIO,<pin>,<0/1> command from the webgui tools menu. Or any of the other commands like PWM, MCPGPIO, PCFGPIO, PCAPWM, ...

msev
Normal user

#84 Post by msev » 18 Apr 2016, 11:38

Requesting support for APDS9960 Gesture sensor -> here is demo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDBZUztAhY and in the description of this video you can find a link to a japanese site where you can download the sketch for the sensor. The sketch doesn't use interrupts as far as I can see, so its appropriate for use with Wifi.

dduley
Normal user

#85 Post by dduley » 18 Apr 2016, 21:12

Hi all,

How about an option to support dual protocols. It would be useful to send data via MQTT to OpenHab or other but also push values to Thingspeak as a backup and convenient way to share certain things with others in the wild.

Dave

JR01
Normal user

#86 Post by JR01 » 18 Apr 2016, 22:25

How about an option to support dual protocols. It would be useful to send data via MQTT to OpenHab or other but also push values to Thingspeak
Use Node-Red for this, write MQTT to Node-Red (I have it on RasPi - works like a charm), the n create flows to take MQTT message out to all places, like ThingSpeak, MySQL, OpenHab, etc.
-----------
IOTPLAY. Tinkerer, my projects are @ http://GitHub.com/IoTPlay, and blog https://iotplay.org. Using RPi, Node-Red, ESP8266 to prove Industry 4.0 concepts.

tozett
Normal user

#87 Post by tozett » 19 Apr 2016, 07:43

JR01 wrote:Use Node-Red for this, write MQTT to Node-Red (I have it on RasPi - works like a charm), the n create flows to take MQTT message out to all places, like ThingSpeak, MySQL, OpenHab, etc.
+1+1+1
node-red as 'middleware ' is a good option for some asked functions here,
and than not everything usual for IoT must be coded on the ESPeasy,
and the flows are fast to build with drag-n-drop....

fluppie
Normal user

#88 Post by fluppie » 19 Apr 2016, 15:23

https://openenergymonitor.org/emon/node/12437 use this RasPi image to have Node-Red, Openhab and emonCMS running in no-time :-).

MiKa1975
Normal user

#89 Post by MiKa1975 » 19 Apr 2016, 22:10

Hi,
Would be nice to have also FTP server using SPIFFS in ESP8266
working ftp server on ESP8266: https://github.com/nailbuster/esp8266FTPServer ;)
Regards,
MiKa

tozett
Normal user

#90 Post by tozett » 21 Apr 2016, 08:35

MQTT more system variables,
like: unit-nr, GLOBAL, ...
or: ESP Chip ID: ,Flash Chip ID:, Flash Size: Free Mem: , Boot cause: ....

as i use more mqtt it would be helpful to build a more systematic topic structure.
therefore the use of the unit-nr would be helpful.

/espeasy/unit-nr/tskname/valname

could be catched/subscribed with:

/espeasy/+/tskname/valname
Attachments
Zwischenablage04.png
Zwischenablage04.png (118.42 KiB) Viewed 27410 times

dduley
Normal user

Re: Feature Request collection/list [SOLVED]

#91 Post by dduley » 24 Apr 2016, 20:40

Martinus wrote:

Loving the new features!

Example:
on Button#Value do
if [PCFGPIO,4]=0
pcfgpio,4,1
else
pcfgpio,4,0
endif
endon

This might work however:

on Button#Value do
 pcfgpio,4,[Button#Value]
endon
Hi Martinus,
I got the rules to work for a single button. I built an ESP module that acts like the lamp module from the old X10 stuff. In fact the PCB I designed fits into the case of the X10 lamp module (re-purpose/reuse!). I use the openings in the front of the case where the House code and Unit Code used to be set for a reset and GPIO momentary push buttons. I wanted to be able to press the GPIO button and have the plug turn on and then turn off when the button was pressed again. Here is the rule that worked:
on Button#button=0 do
gpio,4,1
endon

on Button#button=1 do
gpio,4,0
endon

It seems to work very well

Thanks for your help

tozett
Normal user

#92 Post by tozett » 26 Apr 2016, 12:42

the area of the log in the web-gui is sooo small, an not resizable?
i wanted to copy events from there, it was difficult.

maybe you can make it resizeable (html5/css)?

textarea {
resize: true;
}

(found it here: http://www.electrictoolbox.com/disable- ... ri-chrome/)

edit later: i found the rules windows resizable. this way would be fine for the log-windows. if possible...
edit2: i build a dummy... but i am a noob.. exchanged line break <br> with reply += F("&#10;");,
but the resize also resizes the textarea...must refresh <div> or <textarea> only, or build with cookies/local storage/jquery... hmmmm
edit3: i took another effort with a <div> and css from here http://websocket.org/echo.html, but i am not good enough in this...

css:
#consoleLog {	position : relative; bottom:0; border: solid 1px #999999;	border-top-color: #CCCCCC;	border-left-color: #CCCCCC;	padding: 5px;  width: 100%;	height: 172px;	overflow-y: scroll;}
#consoleLog p {   font-size: 11px;	line-height: 150%;}
Attachments
Zwischenablage18.png
Zwischenablage18.png (205.42 KiB) Viewed 27832 times
Last edited by tozett on 27 Apr 2016, 21:15, edited 6 times in total.

dduley
Normal user

#93 Post by dduley » 26 Apr 2016, 18:27

I think we have another BOT trolling the list :(

JR01
Normal user

Re: Feature : Security for Relay http actuation

#94 Post by JR01 » 27 Apr 2016, 13:11

Hi, I requested about security to Relay actuation with the http commands, here. http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1420.

Maybe a tick on advanced to not allow this feature, and forcing the use of MQTT requests to actuate, but then with the MQTT password infrastructure in place? Or, any other way to send uid/pwd with the http request, that would not be an open pwd request?
-----------
IOTPLAY. Tinkerer, my projects are @ http://GitHub.com/IoTPlay, and blog https://iotplay.org. Using RPi, Node-Red, ESP8266 to prove Industry 4.0 concepts.

JR01
Normal user

Request: Sensor Hall effect Current AC for ACSxxx

#95 Post by JR01 » 27 Apr 2016, 20:36

Hi, good discussions are ongoing about current measurement started by @andy-ich, and great contributions by @costo, and others here http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewtopic.p ... t=10#p5521. @costo included a link to a Arduino forum, where they have code to fix the measurement of AC current, and Instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Simplif ... -Using-AC/. A filter for AC current on Arduino mentioned, here. http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Filters.

Request: Add ability to measure AC current using the hall effect Alegro ACS709 / ACS712 (popular), and on the Arduino forum, they propose the ACS758, but all works the same, but include option to pick the AC Hz, in South Africa (me) = 50Hz, some other countries 60Hz ? Proposed code in above links.
-----------

tozett
Normal user

#96 Post by tozett » 30 Apr 2016, 08:30

MQTT Last-Will-Testament, please ...
timsson wrote:
tozett wrote:i am on r105, did you implement the LWT with rules? could you post your working example?
I use also r105, fantastic projekt! but for lwt i take my one ino file with exactly this syntax and it works fine:

#define MQTT_TOPIC_LAST_WILL "/ESP_02/lwt"
mqttClient.connect("ESP_02", MQTT_TOPIC_LAST_WILL, 1, true, "disconnected");
mqttClient.publish(MQTT_TOPIC_LAST_WILL, "connected", true);
or do you need the complete ino?
and i use this library:
PubSubClient by Nick O'Leary Version 2.6.0 mqtt3.1.1
http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1164#p6444

Wallebalboa
New user

#97 Post by Wallebalboa » 03 May 2016, 22:02

Request:
only accept to set I/O with incoming MQTT topic. (no commands)
i am new to the output device and it is not so well documented, but if i understand right it would be possible to let the esp to subscribe to a "realworld device" like "hallwaylamp". this will make it possible to "abstract" the MQTT layer from "HW names" (ex. GPIO04) ... similar to the publish topic. if this is the fact it would be nice to disable all I/O commands except defined MQTT subscribed devices.. all this to eliminate unwanted output commands and make it possible to see realworld names in MQTT viewer..

so feature request:
- extra settings for mapping names to values in output device... ex up=1 down=0 on=1 off=0
- ability to disable all output commands except defined devices and their topics
- better dokumentation on the outputdevice

BertB
Normal user

#98 Post by BertB » 06 May 2016, 11:20

I would like to get the infra red value of the TLS2561 too.

BertB
Normal user

#99 Post by BertB » 06 May 2016, 15:02

Is it possible to make something that automatically lets the ESP to another MQTT server or Domoticz server, in case the original drops out.
I like MQTT, but it adds a single point of failure.

dabe5
New user

#100 Post by dabe5 » 06 May 2016, 22:11

I would like to have a simple "KNX/IP routing" protocol implementation. We don't need a full integration like an "eibd" under linux, just send and receiving binary signals (switch / state), 8-bit for 0-255 or %, and maybe 2-byte for sending a temp value from a sensor, from and to KNX group adesses.

Now I have to go over MQTT and OpenHAB just for exchanging KNX Telegrams

For each Value should be a Field where the KNX Group Adress can be configured like: "1/0/15" and what Type it is "8-Bit 0-255"

Information about the KNX/IP routing Protocol shoud be available at the TU Wien - they have several Opensource Projects regarding the KNX system:
https://www.auto.tuwien.ac.at/a-lab/knx_eib.html

Maybe the "KNX/IP tunneling" Protocol is easier to implement as the "KNX/IP routing" but then there has to be a config option for the knx-gateway IP adress/port