how to work clould control?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

secgin@gmail.com
New user

how to work clould control?

#1 Post by secgin@gmail.com » 08 Apr 2020, 14:04

Hello,
Maybe I couldn't find correct subject thatswhy I coulldn't find the correct answer.

let me try to explain my question with an example

Everyone knows that sonof use Eewlink cloud base system. you only need that connect your sonoff device to internet than you can manage your device when you outside at home. You dont have to cange any setting in to your home modem device. But how? the system cannot send any data to your device because of FW and port setting. does someone know the answer??? can I use my esp8266 with espeasy as that way?

TD-er
Core team member

Re: how to work clould control?

#2 Post by TD-er » 08 Apr 2020, 14:15

We don't have support for these external services.

The way these "cloud based" services usually work is by letting the node actively query the web server.
So it is similar to what happens if you browse to a web site.
The answers (often encoded in JSON) are either updates of settings, or other commands.

Exactly the way how REST API's work, if you are really interested in learning more about them.

GravityRZ
Normal user

#3 Post by GravityRZ » 08 Apr 2020, 14:39

if there is no native cloud support one can always look if IFTTT is supported.

i have a cloud based doorbell without api support but since it has IFTTT i can contol it with google assistant, domoticz, node-red etc.

secgin@gmail.com
New user

#4 Post by secgin@gmail.com » 08 Apr 2020, 15:09

TD-er wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 14:15 We don't have support for these external services.

The way these "cloud based" services usually work is by letting the node actively query the web server.
So it is similar to what happens if you browse to a web site.
The answers (often encoded in JSON) are either updates of settings, or other commands.

Exactly the way how REST API's work, if you are really interested in learning more about them.
Thank you very mutch for your answer. I got the key...
;) "REST API"