[HELP] Control devices from single page

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

evil_shadow
New user

[HELP] Control devices from single page

#1 Post by evil_shadow » 01 Jul 2020, 21:44

Hi there
sorry i am not sure it's been already discussed or not , can't find it properly using search option

anyways my all sonoff devices are dead and sonoff/ewelink is not helping me to restore firmware
it's just keep crashing in loop

now i need different firmware but don't want to invest for raspberry or anything

my question is that can i control all devices from single page locally?
like turn on/off and schedules

i would like to know if its still possible to use voice assistant like google home / alexa

TD-er
Core team member

Re: [HELP] Control devices from single page

#2 Post by TD-er » 02 Jul 2020, 00:04

ESPEasy does not offer support for Google Home/Alexa.

Usually if you run alternative firmware on a node like a Sonoff, you also integrate it with some domotica service like Domoticz, OpenHAB or HomeAssistant.
But all those do need some external computer like a Pi.

ESPEasy does have its own rules engine so you can perform event or time driven tasks on the node itself without the need for an external computer.
Right now we have a web page per node to setup the configuration, but it is possible to communicate between nodes, but I'm not sure if that will be the same as you now imagine how it should work.

You can also run some web page from one node that may interact with other nodes via the ESPEasy commands.
But right now it is not a one-click-solution, so you need to put in some effort to make it to your liking.