Working with rules, makes ESPEasy prompt for password

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

mrwee
Normal user

Working with rules, makes ESPEasy prompt for password

#1 Post by mrwee » 06 Aug 2020, 10:59

Hi,

I have a couple of devices with rules using multiple rules pages, and sometimes experience ESPEasy continuously prompting me for password when accessing the rules. None of the pages exceed the 2048 character limit.
It happens most of the time with Rules pages 2, 3 & 4, and seldomly with page 1.

Currently I'm testing on an original Wemos D1 mini Pro 1.0 with per-compiled "ESP_Easy_mega_20200801_normal_ESP8266_4M1M.bin" and it's driving me nuts. Is this an known issue / are there workarounds?

If I disable the admin password and access rules pages, ESPEasy goes to rule page 1, regardless of which page I select.

Using Firefox, also tested on Chrome. Both on w10.

Ath
Normal user

Re: Working with rules, makes ESPEasy prompt for password

#2 Post by Ath » 06 Aug 2020, 11:24

Are you using a SysLog server? That seems to cause issues with some ESP's or configurations. You could try switching that off.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 06 Aug 2020, 11:55

Just curious.
Is the device rebooting between each time you have to enter the credentials?

There is a number of reasons you need to re-authorize:
  • Never authorized since reboot
  • Authorisation timeout
  • Logged in from another computer/browser

mrwee
Normal user

#4 Post by mrwee » 06 Aug 2020, 12:19

No, no syslog server.

I've seen the device reboot on some occasions, but it's not often. And of course, this will trigger new password prompt. But it's very clear that this is caused by fiddling with rule pages. It never happened on this device before I started adding more rules. Same with other devices where I experienced it. In some cases it helped erasing flash/re-flashing with latest version and configuring all over. I haven't tried reloading the config back onto the device.

khbraemer
New user

#5 Post by khbraemer » 08 Aug 2020, 17:34

hello, i have also the same problem after input admin and password und select rules. Rules1 is selctable, but if i select rules2 the espeasy ask for user and password. So i am not able to select other rules. If i remove the password and save this setting, after that i am able to select all rules. I try this on esp8266-12e and also on esp8266-d1.
code ESP_Easy_mega_20200721_normal_ESP8266_4M1M and also the last one 20200801.

one hint: after removing the admin password and selecting later the device, the software asks only for the password, now i am able to select all rules.

regards