How do I use the Blynk controller?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

olleman
Normal user

How do I use the Blynk controller?

#1 Post by olleman » 05 Nov 2020, 16:59

Hi!

I'm looking into trying Blynk for easy access for some sensors. However, I can't find the blynk controller. I just flashed ESP_Easy_mega_20201022_dev_ESP8266_4M1M but it's not there. What am I doing wrong :)?

For now, I'd just like to send one sensor value each minute so perhaps I could just do this via rules instead?

TD-er
Core team member

Re: How do I use the Blynk controller?

#2 Post by TD-er » 05 Nov 2020, 20:56

Due to size issues, the Blynk controller is not included in those builds.
It looks like the Blynk controller is included in the "custom" builds, so no need (yet) to make a build of your own.
Only thing is the "custom" builds in the nightly builds don't have a lot of plugins built in. So I hope the ones you need are included.

olleman
Normal user

#3 Post by olleman » 06 Nov 2020, 13:51

Thanks, I got it working for now with HTTP Advanced controller. I need the HX711 plugin that might be missing from the custom builds.

I was at first really impressed by Blynk but when I realized that one needs an account and the app to see the data I was disappointed. Does anyone know if a service simillar to Blynk when it comes to flexibillity and usabillity but provide access via the web? I tried ThingSpeak which does more or less what I want but I'm missing a lot of the graphical finesse and different gauges that Blynk has.

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 06 Nov 2020, 15:19

Grafana perhaps?