Counterdebounce/High/Low

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

schmucke
New user

Counterdebounce/High/Low

#1 Post by schmucke » 03 Feb 2021, 14:35

Hello.

Is there a way to set difficult debouncetimes for a Counter? Like at Tasmota - here you can set a Counterdebounce, CounterDebounceLow an CounterDebounceHigh. Is anyone knowing if there a Plugin is aviable for?

Because, i have a reedcontact that also recive false signals in ESPEASY. I have a Pullup and a capaciator - but sometimes, i get false signals. With Tasmota i can set a debouncetime for that - so that i can dissable all false signals. But the math in Tasmota is terrible ;)

thank you.

GravityRZ
Normal user

Re: Counterdebounce/High/Low

#2 Post by GravityRZ » 10 Feb 2021, 19:07

i would love to have this as well
i know somebody made a p222 debounced counter but i never got it to work properly.

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 10 Feb 2021, 22:43

The pulsecounter plugin (P003) does have a debounce time setting.
Isn't that enough control?

GravityRZ
Normal user

#4 Post by GravityRZ » 14 Feb 2021, 12:12

to avoid al these issues with the pulsecounter i am now trying to bypass it totally(only use the time for flow calculations)

i use a dummy device and let it trigger through GPIO
this way we have a sort of interrupt based counter instead of a 1 second base check.

to avoid false pulses i measure the time between pulses(that's where the %unixtime% comes in)
because i use the pulsecounter as watermeter and my max waterflow is around 28 liters i let it check for a delta time of 2 seconds (30 liters)
as long as the delta is equal or higher than 2 it should count, otherwise it will ignore the pulse

testing for 2 days now but i will have to wait unil i get a mismatch between the Pulsecounter and a dummy counter.
because i wait for the GPIO to change things react a lot faster.
Also the advantage of using GPIO is that i do not care if it is a falling pulse or rising pulse.

hopefully this will solve my extra pulse problem once and for all
watermeter.JPG
watermeter.JPG (108.17 KiB) Viewed 4782 times