ESP easy => Serial server working correct? [For RFLINK with WIFI and MQTT]

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

konehead
Normal user

ESP easy => Serial server working correct? [For RFLINK with WIFI and MQTT]

#1 Post by konehead » 10 Apr 2021, 13:23

Hi,

This week I bought a RFLINK bridge (mega board with NODE MCU for WIFI, via nodo-shop.nl). My goal is to control the RFLINK via MQTT with Openhab3.Yesterday I have flashed the Mega and the NODE MCU with ESP Easy. Today I have connected the NODE MCU to my WIFI network, that works fine. I have set-up the serial server (according the manual). After some hours of clicking :lol: i have the following questions:

1) How can i check if the serial server is working correctly? Via the ESP Easy web interface the Port, IDX/Variable, GPIO and Values are empty - is this correct?
2) In the config screeen I have changed the protocol in OpenHab MQTT, and filled in my required values (e.g.: open hab MQTT broker), is it correct assumed that the ESP Easy will pass trough the values of the RFLINK towards my OpenHab server? And the other way arround: So receiving MQTT values from my Openhab server? I have checked MQTT messages in my network via a viewer, If I send a MQTT command to my RFLINK bridge, i don't see anything.

So my preffered configuration is: (A) MEGA (with RF chip, created by nodo-shop.nl) <> (B) NODE MCU WIFI (ESP easy) <> (C) NODE MCU Serial Server (ESP easy) <> (D) MQTT Broker (ESP EASY) <> (E) OpenHab3

A) Works fine, if i connect the installed board trough USB i am able to see RF signals in my serial monitor (Arduino)
B) Works fine, i connected the NODE MCU to my Wifi network
C) Unclear, filled in the values accourding the Nodo-shop.nl manual, don't see any information (Via the ESP Easy web interface the Port, IDX/Variable, GPIO and Values are empty_
D) Unclear, I see in the MQTT view 'connection lost' haven't spend to much time on this, first would like to have point C clear
E) Will configure this when point C and D are ready

Hope that you are able to help me!

Best, Konehead

konehead
Normal user

Re: ESP easy => Serial server working correct? [For RFLINK with WIFI and MQTT]

#2 Post by konehead » 11 Apr 2021, 09:06

Found a part of the answer in the RFLINK area. In case there are suggestions to have the best solution, please let me know!