Retrieving the configuration

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

fredfit
Normal user

Retrieving the configuration

#1 Post by fredfit » 07 Sep 2021, 15:57

Hi all,

One of my Wemos D1 mini board, flashed with ESPeasy firmware,was configured to connect to a Wifi access point that doesn't exist anymore.
I didn't have the time to take note of its configuration before the Wifi network was removed.
Is there a way to access the configuration by another mean like through the USB port ? Or another way ?
That would prevent me from creating a new configuration (I don't even remember how I did it !).
Thanks !

Ath
Normal user

Re: Retrieving the configuration

#2 Post by Ath » 07 Sep 2021, 16:21

It should start an AP (Access Point) named ESP-Easy, and after connecting to that you can access the http://192.168.4.1/setup page to configure the AP with the new settings.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 07 Sep 2021, 16:26

There are several ways to access your ESP node.

- If a node cannot connect to a known WiFi access point, it will start an AP on its own. The default password for it is "configesp" and it will be visible with the node name you gave it. If you connect to it, the ESP's IP address is 192.168.4.1
- If you still know the credentials, you may create a "hotspot" on your mobile (both Android and Apple support this). The ESP will then connect to your phone. You may need some tools to find its IP, or maybe your phone can show the IPs of connected devices.
- If you did not disable "serial", you can connect a computer to its serial port and enter commands to configure your WiFi.

For the last option, please use some terminal software like Putty, or some other software.
- Find the COM port used on your PC (see device manager to know which ports are available)
- Set the baud rate to 115200
- Enter the following, without typos, as you cannot correct it using backspace:

Code: Select all

wifissid,YourNewWiFiSSID
wifikey,YourNewWifiPassword
save

fredfit
Normal user

#4 Post by fredfit » 07 Sep 2021, 17:02

Thank you Ath and TD-er !

I can see the esp-easy Wifi network with my tablet and can connect to it with "configesp" password. I then can see that my tablet has the IP 192.168.4.2, so it's connected on the same sub-domain.
Despite this, the connection is refused on 192.168.4.1... I don't understand why.

So I will try the second solution of TD-er, but I cannot figure out which credentials you are refering to. Please advise.

fredfit
Normal user

#5 Post by fredfit » 07 Sep 2021, 18:47

I finally managed to connect to 192.168.4.1 with my phone and modified the SSID.
All is fine now !
Thanks again, I keep the process if needed for another node.