Just curiosity or opinion on the status LED - discussion - opinion

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

5ko
Normal user

Just curiosity or opinion on the status LED - discussion - opinion

#1 Post by 5ko » 17 Mar 2016, 20:10

From day to day miracle worker of the project progress and processed each day and the project becomes bigger and bigger. Of course there are a wish list and requests for the status LED, traffic(already implemented) ... After key lcd / oled... I thought that slowly consumes resources (which are relatively limited) we spend on things that are important but could possibly be resolved otherwise. If it appears that the desire for more LED slowly left without the available pins for sensors and other useful things. I have nothing against the LED, I love them so. I suggest that if anyone agrees that while it is not too late to put PCF8574 (I2C certainly we have) and that the IC forever remain only for 8 LED, we have the solution for a sufficient number of LEDs for indication traffic AP, STA, connections etc. Just ask for the opinion of others. How do I see this project has great momentum and enthusiasm of the members and I expect that it will grow into a serious device.
greeting
Petko

5ko
Normal user

Re: Just curiosity or opinion on the status LED - discussion - opinion

#2 Post by 5ko » 29 Mar 2016, 15:56

I'm a little sorry that no one comment on the suggestion / question.
I'm not saying that the suggestion was a revolutionary or a good but as I said, if we consider that UART should probably remain, two pins for I2C bus, if we add that the GPIO pins 0 , 2, 10, 15, conditional and for other functions of the controller, we have modest resources.
On the forum author said that this is primarily a software project and I agree with him, but I think it should take into account that he and the colleagues had made ​​a little masterpiece, and far stands out from everything else that is on the net and can be found. With the number of functions are approaching even can freely say serious PLC.But from here starts unbreakable bond Hardware-Software as a baby and crying ...
In the end, many of us will wish for a best solution for a somewhat standardized version supporting PCB which will be contained all possibilities of this project...
In any case, thanks to the number of those who are read by the suggestion and that means a large number of fans of this project .... :)