Page 1 of 1

More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 21:39
by beic
Hi there,

Is there any chance to add more i2c modules/sensors like on my list bellow?

I found a few of them on AliExpress and they seems to be wort for adding them as new plugins/devices.

These are just my toughs, but maybe someone will like the idea too, because I'm using the ESP-01 and ESP-01S modules with 1Mb, and you know, there only two data line available!

1. LM75A High-Speed Temperature Sensor
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LM75A-T ... 27860.html

2. SI1145 UV IR Visible Sensor
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SI1145- ... 05707.html

3. APDS-9960 RGB and Gesture Sensor Module
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GY-9960 ... 14031.html

4. RTC DS1307 AT24C32 Real Time Clock Module
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Ne ... 35694.html

5. MCP4725 I2C DAC Breakout Board 12-Bit DAC w/I2C Interface
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-MC ... 78308.html

6. MPR121 Breakout v12 Capacitive Touch Sensor Controller Module
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-MPR ... 32709.html

7. TCA9548A 1-to-8 I2C 8-way Multi-Channel Expansion Board
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CJMCU-9 ... 64206.html

8. ADS1110 16-bit ADC with Onboard Reference
Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 96465.html

To be continued... ;)

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors

Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 22:24
by costo
@ beic

You did not do your homework very well.

ADS1115 is already supported since version R60.

Support for clock boards like DS1307 and DS3231 is pretty useless because over WiFi you can connect to a NTP timeserver, much more accurate than a DS1307.

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors

Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 22:35
by beic
costo wrote: You did not do your homework very well. ADS1115 is already supported since version R60.
Sorry, I didn't see it! I will remove it! :oops:
costo wrote: Support for clock boards like DS1307 and DS3231 is pretty useless because over WiFi you can connect to a NTP timeserver, much more accurate than a DS1307.
I just tough, for that to be able to display the current time and date on OLED 128x64 Display with ESP Easy.

Thank you!

EDIT: Ahh, I found it under menu TOOLS > ADVANCED ... Use NTP and NTP Hostname (optional: Timezone Offset), but there is only TIME shown on MAIN menu, I tough that the DATE will appear too! :?

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 24 Aug 2017, 12:14
by vibrog
The APDS-9960 would be really interesting:
https://youtu.be/A3QRyixnEl8

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 24 Aug 2017, 14:02
by LisaM
beic wrote:
16 Sep 2016, 21:39
Is there any chance to add more i2c modules/sensors like on my list bellow?
The REAL question here is, what's keeping you from:
- Buying the sensor from Ali
- Build a plugin for it
- Test the plugin
- Publish the plugin

It's always easy to ask others to do your work...

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 24 Aug 2017, 19:21
by beic
LisaM wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 14:02
It's always easy to ask others to do your work...
Yeah, like you, using the whole project what others built...

Kind regards

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 24 Aug 2017, 19:34
by LisaM
beic wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 19:21
Yeah, like you, using the whole project what others built...
Actually i've rebuild P013 to include new sonic sensors, helped test HLW8012, ArduinoEasy.
Pick a sensor and start building... ;)

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 24 Aug 2017, 19:46
by papperone
vibrog wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 12:14
The APDS-9960 would be really interesting:
https://youtu.be/A3QRyixnEl8
it was enough to look at GitHub to see there's already a plugin unde development in the dev11 release --> _P064_APDS9960.ino

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 24 Aug 2017, 20:08
by LisaM
papperone wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 19:46
vibrog wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 12:14
The APDS-9960 would be really interesting:
https://youtu.be/A3QRyixnEl8
it was enough to look at GitHub to see there's already a plugin unde development in the dev11 release --> _P064_APDS9960.ino
If we all build just ONE plugin, we'll have a plugin library spanning all sensors... 8-)

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 24 Aug 2017, 22:29
by beic
LisaM wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 19:34
Actually i've rebuild P013 to include new sonic sensors, helped test HLW8012, ArduinoEasy.
Really?!? I built a few to, like SHT30 and LM75A.

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 25 Aug 2017, 07:28
by toffel969
Chill people 8-) I am sure you both contribute to best you can. It's not a competition... not everyone has same abilities/time to spare/energy, everyone to their abilities.

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 25 Aug 2017, 08:28
by beic
toffel969 wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:28
Chill people 8-) I am sure you both contribute to best you can. It's not a competition... not everyone has same abilities/time to spare/energy, everyone to their abilities.
Yes, but, unfortunately Lisa can't understand that! ;)

Regards

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 25 Aug 2017, 13:18
by LisaM
beic wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 08:28
toffel969 wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:28
Chill people 8-) I am sure you both contribute to best you can. It's not a competition... not everyone has same abilities/time to spare/energy, everyone to their abilities.
Yes, but, unfortunately Lisa can't understand that! ;)

Regards
:mrgreen:

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 25 Aug 2017, 19:03
by beic
LisaM wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 13:18
beic wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 08:28
toffel969 wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 07:28
Chill people 8-) I am sure you both contribute to best you can. It's not a competition... not everyone has same abilities/time to spare/energy, everyone to their abilities.
Yes, but, unfortunately Lisa can't understand that! ;)

Regards
:mrgreen:
Kappa :D

Re: More support for i2c modules/sensors [UPDATED 25.09.2016]

Posted: 14 Jun 2019, 16:16
by Hairyloon
LisaM wrote:
24 Aug 2017, 14:02
It's always easy to ask others to do your work...
Hey, some of us just aren't that clever. :(