Cann't connect to my wifi network anymore

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Mediacj
Normal user

Cann't connect to my wifi network anymore

#1 Post by Mediacj » 25 Aug 2015, 17:40

First thank you for this great piece of software!!!

I had a stable connection with my wifi network but suddenly it is gone also when I am really near the wifi router with the module.

This is what the log displays:
======================================
INIT : Boot OK
Boot
add 1
aid 1
station: 88:63:df:cf:bd:37 join, AID = 1
rm 0
reconnect
f -240, scandone
no DL66 found, reconnect after 1s
reconnect
f 0, scandone
add 0
aid 6
cnt
=====================================

DL66 is my wifi network when I look in the web interface of Espeasy which works fine there is no ip adres/gateway etc. after I click on connect in the tools menu.
The password of the DL66 wifi network has two ## in it, I see that in the password field in the web interface of Espeasy it is replaced by %23 because of the special characters. I changed the password without it but no luck.

When I scan for wifi networks in the tools menu of Espeasy the DL66 wifi is found and listed.

Any idea what might be wrong?

BertB
Normal user

Re: Cann't connect to my wifi network anymore

#2 Post by BertB » 25 Aug 2015, 18:24

Hello Mediacj,

I do not understand your question very well. You say there is no Wifi connection, but I understand you can access the Web interface. This implies that you have a Wifi connection.
Did you try to issue the command Settings in the serial interface? What is the outcome?

Initially, ESP Easy gets its IP settings from the router, thru DHCP. The fields for IP address, Gateway and Netmask will be 0.0.0.0.
You can add your IP settings you prefere there. If you do, you have to be sure the IP address you want to use is free and not in the DHCP range of the router.

After you changed the settings, you have to reboot the ESP.

Furthermore, the password of the network is called Wifikey. Do you mean the same?

Regards,
Bert

Mediacj
Normal user

#3 Post by Mediacj » 25 Aug 2015, 19:11

Thanks for your quick reply :)

>>>I do not understand your question very well. You say there is no Wifi connection, but I understand you can access the Web >>>interface. This implies that you have a Wifi connection.
I acces the Espeasy web interface direct with the accespoint mode of the Espeasy and not via my DL66 wifi network.

>>>Did you try to issue the command Settings in the serial interface? What is the outcome?
If I type 'Settings' in the command serial and enter nothing happens, the log just continuous.

>>>Initially, ESP Easy gets its IP settings from the router, thru DHCP. The fields for IP address, Gateway and Netmask will be 0.0.0.0.
>>>You can add your IP settings you prefere there. If you do, you have to be sure the IP address you want to use is free and not in >>>the DHCP range of the router.
I meant that the 'System info' page doesn't give a ip or GW adress, before when it worked it was filled with the dhcp values it got from my wifi router.
I also tried the fixed ip option(a free address) in the config tab but that did not solve it to. What has to be in the field 'Fixed ip octet'? I looked in the source for it and found that it had to be bigger then 0 to start the fixed ip settings? Is that right?

>>>After you changed the settings, you have to reboot the ESP.
Done that

>>>Furthermore, the password of the network is called Wifikey. Do you mean the same?
Yes it is called WPA key in mine version(the last)

Maybe it got stuck after updating the Espeasy version and filling in the details again in the source but I have checked anything more then once.

Some more log information:
===============
reconnect
f -240, scandone
no DL66 found, reconnect after 1s
reconnect
f 0, scandone
add 0
aid 6
cnt
WD : Uptime 5 ConnectFailures 30 FreeMem 17896
LUX : Light intensity: 54627.00
HTTP : connecting to 192.168.178.175
HTTP : connection failed
HTTP : Delay 1000 ms
===============

192.168.178.175 is my Domoticz server and when it worked I received the LUX values in Domoticz.

BertB
Normal user

#4 Post by BertB » 25 Aug 2015, 19:47

Hard to say what is wrong. I have had many struggles with the ESP. Sometimes I even had to go back to the AT mode and the very first versions of Easy in order to get it going again.

The only thing I always change in the source are the SSID and the WPA key. This is to avoid AP mode.
The rest I fill in in the web page.

If that does not help, it may be an option to go back to an older version and try to get that working.

Mediacj
Normal user

#5 Post by Mediacj » 25 Aug 2015, 19:56

I already tried to only give in the wpa key and ssid but it seems its getting the values already from the eeprom.

I will try an older version.

Thanks!

Mediacj
Normal user

#6 Post by Mediacj » 25 Aug 2015, 20:37

I have uploaded release 12 and now it works again :D

Will try to put 15 on it and see if it keeps working.

edit: and yes release 15 works also after uploading it again(what I did before) :roll:

BertB
Normal user

#7 Post by BertB » 25 Aug 2015, 21:22

Mediacj wrote:I have uploaded release 12 and now it works again :D

Will try to put 15 on it and see if it keeps working.

edit: and yes release 15 works also after uploading it again(what I did before) :roll:

ESP moves in mysterious ways.

Mediacj
Normal user

#8 Post by Mediacj » 04 Sep 2015, 11:08

I got this same problem again today.

I found out that resetting the Espeasy with the command: Reset
in the config tab restored the original values from the uploaded sketch and made it work again. Maybe it helps someone else with this same problem in future.

From the wiki:
Reset: Reset the esp module to it's defaults. It uses the values from the sketch when it's uploaded.