3rd party upgrades for Sonoff products?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

neoControl
New user

3rd party upgrades for Sonoff products?

#1 Post by neoControl » 24 Aug 2017, 20:13

Hi,

I'm in too deep on other tech projects around the home, my hands are shakey (a little), etc, etc. I can't solder tiny things!

I would just like to buy an enhanced Sonoff, with software that allows me to control the units from my local LAN and doesn't require an internet connection.
I would be interested in the 4Channel, and the smaller 16a. (probably others too).

Is anyone aware of someone/place offering such service? I'm based in the US, but happy to buy from anywhere.

Sorry if this doesn't qualify as a Hardware question; moderators, please feel free to move the appropriate forum.

Thanks for any ideas.

Neil M

bobbybeans
Normal user

Re: 3rd party upgrades for Sonoff products?

#2 Post by bobbybeans » 11 Sep 2017, 15:48

So you're essentially looking for someone to buy the product, mod it and then send it to you?

neoControl
New user

Re: 3rd party upgrades for Sonoff products?

#3 Post by neoControl » 11 Sep 2017, 16:17

> So you're essentially looking for someone to buy the product, mod it and then send it to you?

Yes. I'd be happy to supply the parts, but as I said, my hands are too shakey to do tiny soldering.

You can see the same idea on ebay where people have mod'ed various routers to use DD-WRT firmware (and others).

Finally, I know my approach isn't very DIY, but I know how long it took me to learn how to do a ethernet 568B connection in less that 15 minutes! (groan!) (and that's not allowing that my stripped cable were more than 1 inch, and not 1/2 inch per spec).

Still very interested to hear if anyone knows of such a seller/service.

Thanks

Neil M.