ESP01 PUYA

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Olaf.Jaster
New user

ESP01 PUYA

#1 Post by Olaf.Jaster » 18 Jan 2019, 00:51

Hello,

I've tried different 2.x firmware versions (differnt dates, core250beta, minimal ESP8266 1024OTA, normal, ...) with an ESP01 PUYA, but I cannot get it running. Flashing is always finished successfully, but after powering off and on, there's no logging when connecting with putty to the module and no ESPxxx-WLAN appears.
Can anybody tell me, which version is compatible to this module? If I understood right, in difference to wiki documentation special PUYA-firmware is not needed any more.

Thank you for your help,

Olaf.

Wiki
Normal user

Re: ESP01 PUYA

#2 Post by Wiki » 18 Jan 2019, 11:28

Hi,

did you try one of the firmwares from the past which still included a puya build e.g. 20181008?

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ man woman
No manual entry for woman
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Olaf.Jaster
New user

Re: ESP01 PUYA

#3 Post by Olaf.Jaster » 18 Jan 2019, 12:33

Hi,

no I didn't try the puya-firmwares, could not find these old releases.
But I've found the reason - I've misinterpreted the instructions on https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... 2Fflashing

The misinterpreted sentence was:

In order to get the unit in flash mode the GPIO-0 needs to be LOW and the CH-EN need to be set to high. The CH-EN can be connected to the VDD, in the pictures a jumper is soldered between these but you could use a resistor to make sure that no over current hurt the unit. Start flashing and do a reset once in order to get the show going.

I thought, that the bridge between CH-EN and VDD should only be enabled during flash-mode. But the bridge between CH-EN and VDD has to remain also in normal operation mode, right? I've connected these both pins again and now it's working with current firmware :-)
Perhaps it would be a good idea to clarify this on the website? And also the info, that a special PUYA image is not needed any more since release xxx ?