More than 2 WeMos Motor Shield on one WeMos?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

alabama
Normal user

More than 2 WeMos Motor Shield on one WeMos?

#1 Post by alabama » 26 Apr 2019, 16:12

I try to use one WeMos Mini with two WeMos Motor shield and 4 magnetic valves. Now I have installed everything successfull according to
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... otorshield
and also I have successful changed the I2C-Adress of one of the Motor shields according to
https://hackaday.io/project/18439-motor ... ssion-list ( search for comment of "Matrix User").

But now I see that I can control only one motor shield with ESPEasy, so only two magnetic valves. Is that correct? Or is there a way to control motor shields as well?

Here I use the test version of ESPEasy_mega-20190121.

alabama
Normal user

Re: More than 2 WeMos Motor Shield on one WeMos?

#2 Post by alabama » 26 Apr 2019, 22:17

Perhaps there may be a workaround? I see that always that one of the two shields is contacted that was the one last enabled. So I can use the two board if I coose the one that I currently want to switch, disable and enable it and then send the command for the shield. I Only whant to use it for my watering system and so the valves are switched very seldom. So I think I can live with this workaround better than use two WeMos (just now I use already 8 ESPs)

Now the question is: Is it possible to disable/enable a device by rules?

alabama
Normal user

#3 Post by alabama » 14 May 2019, 23:44

I think that I found the solution myself: I will try to give all WeMos Motor Shiels the same I2C adress and don't cennect them direct to VCC but each of them to it's own GPIO - if necessary by use of a transistor (I don't belive that's necessary). My first test seems to work, only the currency of the onboard voltage converter seems to weak for the test. So I have to make a test with real connections and additional battery.

alabama
Normal user

#4 Post by alabama » 16 May 2019, 20:32

Okay, my first idea seems not to work: Controll the voltage of the motor shields. on some strange way they'll get voltage if their GPIO is low or high. perhaps it's the reason of my simple construction and bad contacts. Anyway, it works if I control the input voltage of the motor side of the shield.

This has another advantage: I can switch the motor shild by its specific commands and do the reals switch of the valves by short pulses to the motor voltage.