Problem - active buzzer

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

wojtek_gtx
Normal user

Problem - active buzzer

#1 Post by wojtek_gtx » 19 Feb 2020, 14:29

511/5000
Hello
I have a problem with two systems, I installed an active buzzer on them, I connected it to the ground, + from the buzzer under GPIO12 in NodeMCU, exactly the same in the second system so that the Wemos D1 mini but + under GPIO14 and created in Espeasy - "Switch input - Switch ". When I change the state in ESPeasy via Domoticz, no sound is triggered, the state itself changes from 0 to 1 but there is no voltage
Please help .
Tested, I uploaded soft Tasmota, created a relay and works, but I don't want tasmota, I just want espeasy.

Domosapiens
Normal user

Re: Problem - active buzzer

#2 Post by Domosapiens » 19 Feb 2020, 16:50

It could be that the buzzer needs more current then the GPIO can "source" (give).
(iirc 12mA)

You could try:
Wire 3.3.V to + from buzzer.
Wire - from buzzer to GPIO12 (D6) or GPIO14 (D5)

In this way the GPIO is a "sink" for the current and not the "source"
Sink possibility is max 25mA.

Buzzer will operate inverted.
Buzzer ON is now GPIO=0
30+ ESP units for production and test. Ranging from control of heating equipment, flow sensing, floor temp sensing, energy calculation, floor thermostat, water usage, to an interactive "fun box" for my grandson. Mainly Wemos D1.

wojtek_gtx
Normal user

#3 Post by wojtek_gtx » 05 Mar 2020, 22:24

Hello, because of the multitude of topics I forgot but thank you for the answer. Tomorrow I will try to check your suggestions. I'm just surprised that the software works on Tasmota.

ThomasB
Normal user

#4 Post by ThomasB » 05 Mar 2020, 23:43

in the second system so that the Wemos D1 mini but + under GPIO14 and created in Espeasy - "Switch input - Switch ". When I change the state in ESPeasy via Domoticz, no sound is triggered, the state itself changes from 0 to 1 but there is no voltage
The state value of the Switch Input plugin is virtual and is not expected to allow changes to the pin's output. This behavior has been hotly debated in the past and I have lost track on the operational philosophy that was eventually implemented. But consider controlling the Pin's output state as off-limits if it is associated with a Switch Plugin.

I suggest that you connect the buzzer to another GPIO pin that is not associated with the Switch plugin. If you want the virtual state of the Switch Plugin to control the buzzer then use ESPEasy rules to do that. If you decide to control it this way then I recommend configuring the Switch Button Type to use the Toggle mode. This will ensure that the plugin's state value is independent of the switch's pin input logic value.

- Thomas