Remote controlled device internet supply with static IP

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

djakov
Normal user

Remote controlled device internet supply with static IP

#1 Post by djakov » 03 Oct 2021, 19:35

Hi, i have a plan to make a mini car (12V motor, 4 ESP32-CAM, NodeMCU, GPRS module) and because of the cameras and GPS module, i want to drive it out of Bluetooth/Wifi range. How can i access the devices remotely? Maybe the real question is how can i use a device and what kind of device to use that can provide internet to the car, but should also have a static IP address?

Ath
Normal user

Re: Remote controlled device internet supply with static IP

#2 Post by Ath » 03 Oct 2021, 20:51

Well, besides that ESPEasy doesn't have support for image processing/cameras (yet), there is an option on the Config page ("Don't force /setup in AP-Mode") to avoid the WiFi AP to redirect to /setup (and keep the AP active instead of shutting it down after some time), so you can access it directly from its own access point (AP).
There is the issue of all ESPs having the same AP-name, so you may need to create separate custom builds with different AP names (haven't tested multiple ESPs in AP-mode myself, so I don't know).
Or you can have 1 unit as the 'WiFi-Central', that the others connect to, then you can activate the UDP network (UDP port 8266 on Tools/Advanced Inter-ESPEasy Network), and control/share devices (ESP32 has plenty devices, so that should work out nicely). The ESPEasy P2P Networking Controller page is quite helpful there.

If you are aiming for a 'plain' Arduino-ESP approach, I'm unable to advise though, as there are way too many options.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

Haldi_2
Normal user

Re: Remote controlled device internet supply with static IP

#3 Post by Haldi_2 » 19 Oct 2021, 19:22

mhmm wouldn't the easiest but kinda too simple method be to use a MobileHotspot that gives WiFi, and configure the "FallbackWiFi" to that one?