ESP Easy does not send data to Domoticz

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

drako
Normal user

ESP Easy does not send data to Domoticz

#1 Post by drako » 24 Apr 2019, 22:46

Hello all,

First of all thank you for this great piece of software. I am new to this, searched a lot on internet to figure it out but no results. I am trying to establish EPS Easy communication to Domoticz and I hope that it will be a simple one.
My set up:
Raspberry PI with Domoticz (virtual switch on/off (based on http://xxxxx/xx=gpio,12,1 or 0), Local Networks (no username/password): Enabled)
NodeMCU v3 with ESP Easy (switch, tried Controllers: Domoticz HTTP with IP and Host name but not yet with MQTT)

I have configured Domoticz and ESP Easy as described, so far so good. I am able to toggle NodeMCU GPIO through Domoticz and it works, it is also visible in both log files. When I toggle GPIO and Ground the value changes on ESP Easy but not in Domoticz. I have attached three screenshots with controller configuration(on the screenshot you see dummy IP and Port, within ESP I used PI IP and Domoticz Port), device config, esp log file. In the log file you can see HTTP toggle from Domoticz, SW toggle by toggling GPIO and Connect Failures (I guess that this error is shown due to communication problems with controller).

My question is how can I establish data communication from ESP Easy to Domoticz? Have I missed something on HTTP setup or should I use Domoticz json API to send GPIO value to Domoticz server?

Thank you.

drako
Normal user

Re: ESP Easy does not send data to Domoticz

#2 Post by drako » 25 Apr 2019, 22:05

Solution was very easy. HTTP was not enabled in my Domoticz setup, HTTPS only.
For the newbies like me make sure that HTTP is enabled in /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh

Check via json on virtual switch:
http://<yourIP>:8080/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=<yourIDX>&switchcmd=Off (On/Off)

Check .sh file:
DEAMON_ARGS= "DEAMON_ARGS -www 8080"
DEAMON_ARGS= "DEAMON_ARGS -sslwww XXXX" (XXXX-your ssl port)

DomoticaRob
Normal user

#3 Post by DomoticaRob » 05 Nov 2023, 21:21

For many years I have a Domoticz home automation system based on Raspberry PI 3B+ and several ESPEasy modules.
Because of problems I made a complete new installation on the Raspberry Pi and now my Domoticz is running version 2023.
So far so good.

From the Domoticz I can send data to the ESPEasy modules. So, I can (de)activate relays in the Sonoff (with ESPEasy) modules.
Unfortunately the data from the ESPEasy modules to Domticz doesn’t work.

By hand I can send data to Domoticz.
For instance:

This line will show 20 and 80 in the Domoticz dummy temp/hum device:

Code: Select all

http://192.168.178.200:8080/json.htm?type=command&param=udevice&idx=12&nvalue=0&svalue=20;80;2
This line will switch the Domoticz dummy switch device:

Code: Select all

http://192.168.178.200:8080/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=1&switchcmd=On
In the ESPEasy the controller settings are the same as in the past.

The Devices in ESPEasy have the proper Ctrl(IDX).

What is the solution?

Controller.jpg
Controller.jpg (121.21 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
Device.jpg
Device.jpg (104.07 KiB) Viewed 1104 times

Ath
Normal user

#4 Post by Ath » 05 Nov 2023, 22:11

This has been discussed before.
There is a new setting in Domoticz to allow access to the API, see: viewtopic.php?t=9762#p66465
/Ton (PayPal.me)

DomoticaRob
Normal user

#5 Post by DomoticaRob » 06 Nov 2023, 10:07

Yes, that is the solution.

Many thanks.
HTTP.jpg
HTTP.jpg (134.73 KiB) Viewed 1081 times