R91 Bugs

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

ut1545
Normal user

R91 Bugs

#1 Post by ut1545 » 22 Mar 2016, 21:39

Hello,
I have discovered 2 bugs in R91 release (I don't know if they did exist previously).

1 - If you setup a sensor as Task 1, once clik submit , the fields NAME and VALUE NAME are not stored in flash memory so, next time that you try to edit the task, these values are missing. Also, the names are missing in the publish topic if you are using MQTT and looks like "node///...".If you setup a sensor in any other task number, everything works ok.

2 - If you setup a Switch, the value sent in the MQTT payload is preceded by a blank space like this: " 1" in HEX "2031". OpenHab interprets this data type as alphanumeric or text instead numeric.

I know that I'm using a beta version but I hope that these bugs will take in account in future versions. Also, my limited C programing skill don't allow me to locate they into the code. Really sorry.....

Best regards,

ut1545
Normal user

Re: R91 Bugs

#2 Post by ut1545 » 23 Mar 2016, 00:09

Hi,

Another little bug:

If you setup a HC-SR04 ultrasonic distance meter, you don't have the option to specify the decimal places so, the data reported is alway a integer value. Some times it is important to have the exact value in order to calculate averages, max and min as well as establish an error deviation.

BS,

timsson
Normal user

#3 Post by timsson » 25 Mar 2016, 22:04

Hi,
switch input send via (openhab) mqtt _1 or _0 (blank _)
How can I fix that?

Thanks!

Code: Select all

/ESP_01/dht/temp 22.00
/ESP_01/dht/humi 59.20
/ESP_01/pir/pir  1           --> _1
/ESP_01/pir/pir  0           --> _0
/ESP_01/pir/pir  1           --> _1
/ESP_01/lumi/lux 267.00

Martinus

#4 Post by Martinus » 26 Mar 2016, 10:50

The issue with the leading white space is fixed in R92.
Can't reproduce the issue with not saving name/value on task 1.

timsson
Normal user

#5 Post by timsson » 26 Mar 2016, 11:52

Thanks, it works at R92 :lol:

dduley
Normal user

#6 Post by dduley » 04 Apr 2016, 21:50

I get the Switch on task 1 task name etc not saving as well on R095! If I enter a task name and value name it shows up in the task list. If I refresh the page the task name changes to blank and the variable name changes back to Switch. I tried re-compiling with different memory setting as I had a similar problem on an earlier version that was fixed this way but this time the problem was persistent.

dduley
Normal user

#7 Post by dduley » 05 Apr 2016, 06:51

Another issue I have noticed on many units. The WIFI LED setting under the hardware tab can set any IO or blank for this function. I have found that many times if I set up a few tasks I can no longer select blank for the WIFI LED. If one is using most of the I/O this will cause the output or inputs to flicker with the Wifi. Very frustrating

Martinus

#8 Post by Martinus » 07 Apr 2016, 14:49

ut1545 wrote:Hello,
I have discovered 2 bugs in R91 release (I don't know if they did exist previously).

1 - If you setup a sensor as Task 1, once clik submit , the fields NAME and VALUE NAME are not stored in flash memory so, next time that you try to edit the task, these values are missing. Also, the names are missing in the publish topic if you are using MQTT and looks like "node///...".If you setup a sensor in any other task number, everything works ok.

2 - If you setup a Switch, the value sent in the MQTT payload is preceded by a blank space like this: " 1" in HEX "2031". OpenHab interprets this data type as alphanumeric or text instead numeric.

I know that I'm using a beta version but I hope that these bugs will take in account in future versions. Also, my limited C programing skill don't allow me to locate they into the code. Really sorry.....

Best regards,
Bug with task settings on task 1 should be fixed in R96.
(Settings were saved in flash, but not always retrieved properly)

Martinus

#9 Post by Martinus » 07 Apr 2016, 15:12

dduley wrote:Another issue I have noticed on many units. The WIFI LED setting under the hardware tab can set any IO or blank for this function. I have found that many times if I set up a few tasks I can no longer select blank for the WIFI LED. If one is using most of the I/O this will cause the output or inputs to flicker with the Wifi. Very frustrating
I'm unable to reproduce the error. Anyone else have this behavior? Any idea what triggers this?
If I look at the code it seems impossible that the blank option disappears from the dropdown list as there's no condition programmed for this entry.

dduley
Normal user

#10 Post by dduley » 07 Apr 2016, 19:31

Thanks for responding!
I must say I have had a blast using the ESPEasy firmware.

The blank selection for the Wifi LED still shows up in the drop down but it cannot be selected. If I load a NodeMCU with a 12E fresh with R095 (This problem has been noticed since R083) I can select any of the Wifi LED values including blank. When I add a task Suddenly I can no longer select the blank.

Tonight I'll experiment further to see if I can narrow the symptoms down a bit.

Martinus

#11 Post by Martinus » 09 Apr 2016, 10:00

dduley wrote:Another issue I have noticed on many units. The WIFI LED setting under the hardware tab can set any IO or blank for this function. I have found that many times if I set up a few tasks I can no longer select blank for the WIFI LED. If one is using most of the I/O this will cause the output or inputs to flicker with the Wifi. Very frustrating
I can now confirm the issue. It only occurs when there are no pins selected for I2C (a bit unusual, but possible...).
Fixed in R97 on github

dduley
Normal user

#12 Post by dduley » 09 Apr 2016, 17:59

Martinus wrote:
I can now confirm the issue. It only occurs when there are no pins selected for I2C (a bit unusual, but possible...).
Fixed in R97 on github
Awesome! Many of my modules do not use I2C so I disable that function. On one board i am using every available I/O for SSR outputs, switch inputs and a 1 wire temperature sensor. That was an earlier design. Later boards use a I2C port expander for the outputs to conserve i/o.
Thanks so much for the fix!