Need help designing Plugin

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

chunter1
Normal user

Need help designing Plugin

#1 Post by chunter1 » 29 Apr 2016, 22:33

I need some advice on how to design the handling of several different measurements in my plugin for a RESOL solar controller.

What i did so far:
Wrote a plugin that reads several measurements (3 x Temp, 2 x PWM, 2 x error, 4 x status) from a RESOL DeltaSol Pro controller over the serial port.
Now that i got these values inside my plugin, i wonder how to further transfer/publish them.
As far as i saw, the number of values is limited to the following types:

Code: Select all

#define SENSOR_TYPE_SINGLE                  1
#define SENSOR_TYPE_TEMP_HUM                2
#define SENSOR_TYPE_TEMP_BARO               3
#define SENSOR_TYPE_TEMP_HUM_BARO           4
#define SENSOR_TYPE_SWITCH                 10
#define SENSOR_TYPE_DIMMER                 11
#define SENSOR_TYPE_LONG                   20
If i understood right, i would need a kind of "SENSOR_TYPE_TEMP1_TEMP2_TEMP3_PWM1_PWM2....." type.
However i don't wanna modify code outside my plugin and it does not seem to be a good solution either.

Could the use of "ports" be the right solution?
But in my understanding ports should all be of the same type - not as in my case a mixture of different measurement types.

So, can somebody please support me in finding the proper solution to this problem.

Thanks
chunter

kr0815
Normal user

Re: Need help designing Plugin

#2 Post by kr0815 » 30 Apr 2016, 22:40

Hello Chunter,

sorry, i can´t help you, but maybe you could help me regarding the Resol controller ?

I´m building a solar system at the moment, was thinking about buying the Resol BX
As everything in my house is controlled / logged, i was already thinking about buying the network interface
i saw now your DeltaSol Pro has RS232 already build in ?
You wrote you want to read out PWM ? Does the Deltasol Pro support that ? ( I need PWN for the pump)
What are your experiences with Resol and external controll ? Would you buy it agein ?

chunter1
Normal user

#3 Post by chunter1 » 30 Apr 2016, 23:36

kr0815 wrote:Hello Chunter,

sorry, i can´t help you, but maybe you could help me regarding the Resol controller ?

I´m building a solar system at the moment, was thinking about buying the Resol BX
As everything in my house is controlled / logged, i was already thinking about buying the network interface
i saw now your DeltaSol Pro has RS232 already build in ?
You wrote you want to read out PWM ? Does the Deltasol Pro support that ? ( I need PWN for the pump)
What are your experiences with Resol and external controll ? Would you buy it agein ?
Hi kr0815,

yes, the DeltaSol Pro has a RS232 interface built in.
Besides the three temperature sensors values it also outputs the PWM values of the two configurable "relais"-channels.
One channel of my controller is configured to control a pump with PWM, the other a valve.
For the pump i get values ranging from 0...100%, for the valve i get either 0 or 100% as value.
I don't have experience with external control - i am just using the RS232 interface for logging and it's very easy.
The protocol is described in detail here:
https://www.google.at/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... dA&cad=rja

Since i don't have experience with other controllers i don't know if the resol is bad or good - it just works ;)

kr0815
Normal user

#4 Post by kr0815 » 01 May 2016, 00:15

what i don´t understand, how these pwm outputs work ? I looked in the user manual, but they don´t show connections
Is there a pwm output for the pump ? (230V and pwm separately) ?

kr0815
Normal user

#5 Post by kr0815 » 10 May 2016, 22:26

I saw you made a plugin now for the deltasol pro
my solar system is running since 3 days now :-) - so next project....

I want to adopt your software to my controller - Deltasol BX
As far as i understand, each controller has different registers ?
Do you want to explain your plugin a little bit ? Is it working as expected ?