R105 curiosity

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

dduley
Normal user

R105 curiosity

#1 Post by dduley » 08 May 2016, 01:32

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why there is a 30 error limit on MQTT connection errors. I have a 4 or 5 units that will work flawlessly for a few hours and then the connection errors will start to creep up. When the number of errors hits 30 the module resets.
Is there some magic to the "30" for the trigger for reset? Is there any reason I can't make this 1000? Why is it necessary to reset after these errors? Isn't there a better way to handle these errors?

I'm also trying to figure out why the errors are happening in the first place. Most of the affected modules have good wifi strength. The MQTT broker seems to be doing its thing just fine. Other modules on the network don't seen to be having the trouble.

Oh look! its Beer O'clock! I think I'll give up for a few hours...

Dave

Martinus

Re: R105 curiosity

#2 Post by Martinus » 08 May 2016, 14:20

dduley wrote:Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why there is a 30 error limit on MQTT connection errors. I have a 4 or 5 units that will work flawlessly for a few hours and then the connection errors will start to creep up. When the number of errors hits 30 the module resets.
Is there some magic to the "30" for the trigger for reset? Is there any reason I can't make this 1000? Why is it necessary to reset after these errors? Isn't there a better way to handle these errors?
Dave
In R106, you will be able to change the value in the webgui. If set to 0, the feature will be disabled.

dduley
Normal user

Re: R105 curiosity

#3 Post by dduley » 08 May 2016, 17:23

Thanks martinus! This is most excellent!

Regards

Dave