Found a bug

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Mihadongle
Normal user

Found a bug

#1 Post by Mihadongle » 25 May 2016, 18:04

Hallo i use the esp for my homematic i have the r095 on it. Inputs are two switches for the two lights and two outputs to switch the lights on. I work with a raspberry pi with domoticz on it.

With r095: the switches are of and i would turn on with my handy. the light switch on
Ok thats what i will!

Now with r105-107: the switches are off i would turn on with my handy.
The light switch on, than about 20-30sec it tourns off.
If the switch is on and i would turn off with the handy than the light switch off and sec later it turns on

dduley
Normal user

Re: Found a bug

#2 Post by dduley » 25 May 2016, 19:28

Mihadongle wrote:Hallo i use the esp for my homematic i have the r095 on it. Inputs are two switches for the two lights and two outputs to switch the lights on. I work with a raspberry pi with domoticz on it.

With r095: the switches are of and i would turn on with my handy. the light switch on
Ok thats what i will!

Now with r105-107: the switches are off i would turn on with my handy.
The light switch on, than about 20-30sec it tourns off.
If the switch is on and i would turn off with the handy than the light switch off and sec later it turns on
Hi Mihadongle,
I have had the same issue but it isn't a bug. I assume you are using rules to turn your light on with the switch input. I have a unit that has three toggle switches to control three lights. I have rules that monitor the switch input and then turn on and off the lights according to the switch position. It works great if I just use the switch but if I use Openhab to turn on the light it will turn off a few seconds later. This is because the ESP is generating SWITCH task events continuously. If your switch is off and you turn on the lights remotely, eventually a new SWITCH event will be sent that turns the light back off because the switch position is still off. The way I got around this was to use momentary switches. I press the switch and the light comes on, I press it again and the light goes back off.
Here are the rules I use (The output to turn on the light is inverse logic so a 0 = on):

on Button#button=0 do
gpio,4,1
endon

on Button#button=1 do
gpio,4,0
endon

Regards

Dave

Mihadongle
Normal user

#3 Post by Mihadongle » 26 May 2016, 16:53

Oh no thats not good i cant change all my switches thats to expensive!! That was not so a good idea with the rules from the programmers!! Ok then i let my esp on R095

JR01
Normal user

#4 Post by JR01 » 01 Jun 2016, 19:27

Please remember your requirements are one of hundreds of set of requirements. The programmers do not ask you for money for this solution, this is a community project. Thus we have no right to criticize if our thing does nor work. We are welcome to do our own programming, get Lua, there are enough templates on how to do this.
-----------
IOTPLAY. Tinkerer, my projects are @ http://GitHub.com/IoTPlay, and blog https://iotplay.org. Using RPi, Node-Red, ESP8266 to prove Industry 4.0 concepts.