Advice needed for plugin INA3221

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Drum
Normal user

Advice needed for plugin INA3221

#1 Post by Drum » 19 Aug 2016, 18:00

I am working on a plugin for a INA3221, but I am not sure how to proceed further. I have tried to copy everything from the Arduino library, where there is the same in the INA219 plug in. Where I am not sure how to proceed, is with the web form, and how to get the data. The board is basically 3 INA219 boards on 1, and I am not really interested in having each value for each channel in a separate line, as in the INA219 plugin. Basically I want to be able to add it and give it a delay, but basically just dump the 9 values with preset names to MQTT put them in a database and do analysis after running different combinations of equipment and settings. I am looking at running the ina3221 on 1 ESP8266, to take readings from another (having the processor cranking readings out would affect power usage).

Any ideas on how to do this? The arduino library appears to use a variable for the channel, but I don't think it is necessary, it may be easier to just list them all out, there are only 3 channels with 3 values each.

Thank you for your help,
Drummond

Martinus

Re: Advice needed for plugin INA3221

#2 Post by Martinus » 20 Aug 2016, 18:11

At the time the ESP easy framework was developed, we anticipated on a maximum of 4 values for a sensor device.
For that reason, plugins cannot report back more than 4 values, so you would have to setup one task per channel.

The reason we have a single value per task for the INA219 is Domoticz. We're stuck to a limited number of device types and i don't think that a suitable device with 3 values exists in Domoticz.

Drum
Normal user

#3 Post by Drum » 20 Aug 2016, 23:07

Thank you for the info, not good news, but it all can't be. I looked at the BME280 but that one looks very different. Do you think it would work if I set it up like the INA219? With a selection for the channel? I would have to add 9 but that would work.

Drum
Normal user

#4 Post by Drum » 22 Aug 2016, 10:35

Martinus wrote:At the time the ESP easy framework was developed, we anticipated on a maximum of 4 values for a sensor device.
For that reason, plugins cannot report back more than 4 values, so you would have to setup one task per channel.

The reason we have a single value per task for the INA219 is Domoticz. We're stuck to a limited number of device types and i don't think that a suitable device with 3 values exists in Domoticz.

Just to add, I do not intend to use this with Domotocz, I can't really get enough data that way. I am just going to post it to a database via node-red for analysis. This is more of a development and prototyping tool rather than a production tool. The intent is to use it to test different configurations of Solar cells, batteries, chargers, sensors and sleep settings.

For now I will try stacking 3 INA219s and work on this when I have more time. I think it would be easier to modify the INA219 plugin for this rather than creating a new one.
Thanks!

Anandakrishnan
New user

#5 Post by Anandakrishnan » 23 Mar 2018, 14:33

i am using INA3221 current sensor ,it is not giving output and how to troubleshoot it ?

Drum
Normal user

#6 Post by Drum » 23 Mar 2018, 15:23

Well if you are using a INA3221 which plugin are you using? To my knowledge there is no plugin which will work for an IN3221.

All the supported devices should be listed here: https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index.php/Devices
There are also some experimental plugins in github, but I I don't see one for the INA3221 either.

If you are using an INA219, post pictures of the hardware configuration as well as the configuration in ESPEasy.