ESP Easy next stable... (release candidates)

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Ton_vN
Normal user

Re: ESP Easy next stable... (release candidates)

#151 Post by Ton_vN » 11 Feb 2017, 16:23

@Toffel969

Perhaps kicking an open door, but do you apply for coverage of your premises 1 single Wifi-AP, or multiple APs, or 1*AP+repeaters?

Have the own experience that for a setup with physically wide-spread ESP8266s, 1 single AP/router is hardly sufficient to cover the premises.
Only the 2 other configurations (= 1*router + multiple APs OR 1*AP/router + multiple Repeaters) assure communication-coverage of sufficient strength, although the latter setup has the handicap of reduced capacity.

Ton_vN
Normal user

#152 Post by Ton_vN » 11 Feb 2017, 16:28

See it nowhere (specificly) mentioned for inclusion in the next stable release:
UV/IR/Light-sensor type SI1145 included in the next release, or implementation to be continued by the ino-file?

mrwee
Normal user

#153 Post by mrwee » 11 Feb 2017, 18:42

Ton_vN wrote:@Toffel969

Perhaps kicking an open door, but do you apply for coverage of your premises 1 single Wifi-AP, or multiple APs, or 1*AP+repeaters?

Have the own experience that for a setup with physically wide-spread ESP8266s, 1 single AP/router is hardly sufficient to cover the premises.
Only the 2 other configurations (= 1*router + multiple APs OR 1*AP/router + multiple Repeaters) assure communication-coverage of sufficient strength, although the latter setup has the handicap of reduced capacity.
I have 3 AP's on a Cisco 2504 covering our house + most of the 1000m2 garden (Probably need 4 to have full coverage)

Shardan
Normal user

#154 Post by Shardan » 11 Feb 2017, 19:20

Hello,

this may depend on your WiFi AP too.
I'm using a single Ubiquiti Unifi AC-Pro at home and three at my company - they cover quite a big range.
These are quite expensive, but using "small" or cheap AP's showed me decreased connectivity and speed.

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

toffel969
Normal user

#155 Post by toffel969 » 14 Feb 2017, 15:39

Ton_vN wrote:@Toffel969

I tried with an additional AP, both in AP and repeater mode. Best was AP mode, I never got the repeating mode to be stable (ASUS RT12-N). Anyway my solution to shield the router in unwanted direction (aluminium plate) und reflect it in desired direction. together with alive checker from domoticz its very stable now
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

jbaumann
Normal user

#156 Post by jbaumann » 10 Mar 2017, 10:56

Is it possible to enable the additional GPIOs for ESP8285 builds automatically, or at least manually using a flag? Currently it seems hardcoded to me.

Cheers, Joachim