Flashing nodeMCU

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

technotools
Normal user

Flashing nodeMCU

#1 Post by technotools » 10 Oct 2016, 01:12

Hi all. After a couple of weeks trying to solve the situation i decided to write here.

I have installed EasyESP on my Node MCU for openHab mqtt interface.
i have set. fixed ip for an easy recognized of my ESP (i have 4 node mcu in the network)
I'm trying to control a relay board with my gpio outs (used GPIO4,5,12,13,14,3,1,9)
Relay board have a separate 5v supply on the coils and i use the output of my gpio to control the optocoupler. Everything seems to be ok but when i try to enable all the output (the relay is enabled when output is 0) after a while nodeMCU reset itself and enter in a infinite loop of reset.
NodeMCU has another 5v supply on Vin.

When I'm trying to flash with nodeMCU firmware (r120) the programming session ends successfully but i cannot see the ESP_0 Acces point and the node MCU enter in reset loop again
Trying with various tool but no result.
If i try to flash with original firmware i can see the access point ESPXXXXX and the nodeMCU exit from the infinite loop.

Waths wrong? how can i do to totally flash the nodeMCU? i tried to flash with severals firmware and blank.bin but if i reflash with ESPeasy it fall in infinite reset again.

are there sectors that i can restore? usually i write in 0X00000

Any ideas?

moelski
Normal user

Re: Flashing nodeMCU

#2 Post by moelski » 10 Oct 2016, 07:31

Hi !
I'm trying to control a relay board with my gpio outs (used GPIO4,5,12,13,14,3,1,9)
Are all of these pins are connected to control relais?

If so I think you should disconnect them first, flash ESPEasy and configure ESPEasy.

And maybe you have IO problems:
4 / 5 -> is default used by I2C.
1 -> is TXD from the serial Port
9 -> really bad idea to use this. That pin is connected to the onbaord flash. Using that pin can cause reboots ...
regards
Dominik

NietGiftig
Normal user

#3 Post by NietGiftig » 10 Oct 2016, 08:37

Maybe better the use this for a relays board
http://www.esp8266.nu/index.php/MCP23017

technotools
Normal user

#4 Post by technotools » 10 Oct 2016, 21:26

thanks for the advice it was very useful...

my issue was due to SD2 that it was pull to ground. for fix the problem i rebooted the nodeMCU with SD2 pull to 3.3 in a breadboard. then i have set the pin to 1 by an mqtt iPhone app...

Now the question is: if i buy the component how can i set the gpio output of the MCP23107 instead of internal mcu gpio? twice have for ex gpio1 2 3 etc...

moelski
Normal user

#5 Post by moelski » 11 Oct 2016, 07:02

Hi !
MCP23107
That is an I2C device. So you have to connect it to GPIO 4 /5 and communicate via I2C.
Look at the plugin in espeasy. It´s done there ;)
regards
Dominik