rc-switch plugin

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

OMJ
New user

Re: rc-switch plugin

#61 Post by OMJ » 14 Jan 2018, 11:57

Hi.

First, thanks a lot to the developer(s) for the rc-switch plugin. I have used it for more than a year with my RC sockets in combination with MQTT and Openhab and found it very stable.

However, for some reason, my commands are always repeated 3 times it seems. Despite the device setup is made with repeat=1 and the mqtt payload is always with 1

example: mymosquitto:/IOT_MASTER/cmd:command:Up:rfsend,16059141,1,24

For the control of RF sockets it does not matter to repeat a few times or more. However, in setting up LED light control with some min RF controllers, and when toggling light on/off, repeating the command is making the light blinkering and leaving the controller in and unkown state, which makes it difficult.

I have not gone trough the code in details for some easy parameters adjustments, i wanted to hear if i'm the only one having theese issues?

I found about about the minimum 3 repeats by recieving the RC signals with the original RC-switch code for arduino "RecieveDemo_Advanced":

Code: Select all

/*
  Example for receiving

http://code.google.com/p/rc-switch/

If you want to visualize a telegram copy the raw data and 
  paste it into http://test.sui.li/oszi/
*/

#include <RCSwitch.h>

RCSwitch mySwitch = RCSwitch();

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  mySwitch.enableReceive(0);  // Receiver on inerrupt 0 => that is pin #2
}

void loop() {
  if (mySwitch.available()) {
    output(mySwitch.getReceivedValue(), mySwitch.getReceivedBitlength(), mySwitch.getReceivedDelay(), mySwitch.getReceivedRawdata(),mySwitch.getReceivedProtocol());
    mySwitch.resetAvailable();
  }
}

hugo11
Normal user

#62 Post by hugo11 » 04 Mar 2018, 15:01

I have also issues compiling with the _P111_RF.ino included. I tried reinstaling the IDE + removed the libraries folder and only included the ones from the ESP Easy distribution.

Still the same, any other ideas?

enesbcs
Normal user

#63 Post by enesbcs » 26 Oct 2018, 22:20

sebi2003 wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 19:24 But when I add _P111_RF.ino i get the following error message:
exit status 1
'irReceiver' was not declared in this scope

I also considered the suggestion "Also use the _P035_IRTX.ino and _P016_IR.ino plugins, then it will work." mentioned in the post of kniazio.

Any Idea
Old thread, but... Apply this patch to the head of _P111 enables it to compile:

Code: Select all

#ifndef USES_P016
 int irReceiver = 0; // make sure it has value even if plugin not found
#endif