Editing Sonoff SSID

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

CoolRemote
Normal user

Editing Sonoff SSID

#1 Post by CoolRemote » 29 Jan 2017, 17:15

For a little while I joined this forum too and found great help regarding several questions.

Since I flashed the Sonoff I noticed that the SSID remains the same, ESP_0 or ESP_1, apart from the number that goes up with the amount of Sonoff modules that are in use/online.

No matter what I try, that SSID remains the same. (I am using the CH340 to flash the Sonoff's with the R120 ESPeasy version).
I followed the instructions in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN_QKOW ... ubs_digest

papperone
Normal user

Re: Editing Sonoff SSID

#2 Post by papperone » 29 Jan 2017, 17:22

can't understand... the ESP_0 SSID is a temporary one in order for you to make first connection, setup the credential of your wifi network then it will disappear at next reboot....
My TINDIE Store where you can find all ESP8266 boards I manufacture --> https://www.tindie.com/stores/GiovanniCas/
My Wiki Project page with self-made PCB/devices --> https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... :Papperone

CoolRemote
Normal user

#3 Post by CoolRemote » 29 Jan 2017, 17:40

That is correct. However.....no matter if I edit this before uploading, or enter the details afterwards by having access to the Sonoff, and click submit, it does not change. In this example it does accept the name change for the Sonoff module Mod2, but not the SSID.

ManS-H
Normal user

#4 Post by ManS-H » 29 Jan 2017, 18:48

CoolRemote wrote:That is correct. However.....no matter if I edit this before uploading, or enter the details afterwards by having access to the Sonoff, and click submit, it does not change. In this example it does accept the name change for the Sonoff module Mod2, but not the SSID.

Why connect first to the network and then change names etc. That works allways.

mkotek
Normal user

#5 Post by mkotek » 30 Jan 2017, 15:13

CoolRemote wrote:That is correct. However.....no matter if I edit this before uploading, or enter the details afterwards by having access to the Sonoff, and click submit, it does not change. In this example it does accept the name change for the Sonoff module Mod2, but not the SSID.

I am not sure, if you understand what you are trying to do. Changing SSID means, you are putting a different WiFi network there. From what I can see, seems like you are trying to put the name there. This needs to be an existing WiFi network name and password must match the network. You cannot put any name there and definitely not the Sonoff name.
Once you connect to the existing network, the SSID of ESP_0 should be gone and your Sonoff should be available under it's own IP address in your WiFi network. To find it easily, I recommend Fing application (get it from PlayStore or AppStore).
Michal 'Kotek', greetings from Poland. Zapraszam na mój blog o automatyce domowej po polsku: http://www.ukotka.com.

CoolRemote
Normal user

#6 Post by CoolRemote » 30 Jan 2017, 15:46

I have followed these instructions again and now it seems to join in with the same wifi network. I have access to both Sonoff's. Sometimes the LED is on and sometimes it is off. I don't know yet why.

I have no access to the Sonoff's from Domoticz. That would be the last step to set this up I guess.

I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 and hope to use that with Domoticz on it once it arrived. For the moment I am using a computer with Windows on it.