Startup process, troubleshooting questions

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

nygma
Normal user

Startup process, troubleshooting questions

#1 Post by nygma » 03 Feb 2017, 19:52

Hi Guys,

Can somebody tell me what is the boot process on ESP Easy? I just want to better understand what the code does in order to troubleshoot some issues.
Like how many times the ESP is trying to connect to the wifi network? What maker the ESP create its own AP? Is it only when the saved SSID does not exist? Or is it also happens if it is not able to connect to the saved SSID?

On the general troubleshoot side: could, Load or Free mem on the Main indicate any issues with the firmware? For example I have a sonoff running R120. It is sending uptime and wifi signal over MQTT without any issues. Otherwise it is not doing anything. Still the webpage hardly ever loads successfully. Load 9%, Wifi RSSI -69db, free mem: 27400. I have no idea what makes it so slow. Most of the Web page requests die with ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

Thanks,
Csongor

paxi
Normal user

Re: Startup process, troubleshooting questions

#2 Post by paxi » 13 Feb 2017, 10:25

I had a similar problem with one of my sonoffs. Moving the device a few centimeters fixed it. My guess is RSSI (at -59 even better in my case) doesn't tell the whole picture and reflections/multipathing can kill some packets.