No WiFi after power outage

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

olleman
Normal user

No WiFi after power outage

#1 Post by olleman » 12 Dec 2017, 09:58

Hello,

I have several ESPEasy modules in my home and they work great. However I get a problem if we have a power outage. When the power gets back my router and ESPEasy devices start at the same time but the ESPEasy devices are much faster and goes into somekind of timeout. To get them working again I need to manually reset each and every one of them after the router has fully booted. I can't seem to find a setting for the timeout for the WiFi. Anybody knows of a working solution for this?

,Olle

TD-er
Core team member

Re: No WiFi after power outage

#2 Post by TD-er » 12 Dec 2017, 11:10

That's another good use case to put some pressure on fixing this issue: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/589
WiFi should be more flexible.

grovkillen
Core team member

#3 Post by grovkillen » 12 Dec 2017, 11:13

As a workaround, is it possible to use a delay rule on boot which will trigger a wificonnect after that delay is timed out?
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

olleman
Normal user

#4 Post by olleman » 12 Dec 2017, 13:29

Thought it was just me that couldn't find the right setting but it seems to be a bigger problem than I thought. I hope we can have this sorted eventually.

On another note I must say that I'm having so much fun with the 8266 devices along with ESPEasy. Thanks to the easy web interface of ESPEasy and a lot of googling I can loads of cool things in home automation without any skills whatsoever in programming or scripting. Good work everybody who's contributing!

,Olle

grovkillen
Core team member

#5 Post by grovkillen » 12 Dec 2017, 13:59

olleman wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 13:29 Thought it was just me that couldn't find the right setting but it seems to be a bigger problem than I thought. I hope we can have this sorted eventually.

On another note I must say that I'm having so much fun with the 8266 devices along with ESPEasy. Thanks to the easy web interface of ESPEasy and a lot of googling I can loads of cool things in home automation without any skills whatsoever in programming or scripting. Good work everybody who's contributing!

,Olle
From the entire "team" I'd like to say thank you for those kind and inspiring words. We live off of them. :D
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

TD-er
Core team member

#6 Post by TD-er » 12 Dec 2017, 23:54

I just added a pull request to hopefully prevent these issues.
I just added a check to prevent connection attempts when the network is not connected.
Every 30 seconds the WifiCheck() function is called (did not change this), which will try to connect to WiFi several times.
But maybe it never came to this due to all the timeouts.

I still have to check whether controller connections are retried even after lots of failed connection attempts.

Not sure if it is going to be released in the 2.0 branch or that it will only appear in the 2.1.0 branch.

olleman
Normal user

#7 Post by olleman » 14 Dec 2017, 10:29

Thanks, looking forward to it being implemented.