Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

rtenklooster
Normal user

Re: MySensors goes ESP!!

#51 Post by rtenklooster » 10 Dec 2015, 23:00

the cosmic gate wrote:
BertB wrote:@ the cosmic gate
Did you make the environment portable?
sure, did it just as discribed in the steps . Is there somebody who can share his portable installation incl. all the mysensors etc files ? (google drive)
Had the same problems: (using a mac)
I deleted al libraries already installed, added the lcd and my sensors library.. fixed.
Richard - Groningen (NL) - Image

BertB
Normal user

#52 Post by BertB » 10 Dec 2015, 23:07

I added a DS18B20, so now I have a NodeMCU 1.0 with DHT22 and DS18B20.
This is what I get in the Devices tab of Domoticz

213 MySensors 0005 0 TempHum Temp + Humidity WTGR800 21.0 C, 40 % - - [Add Device] [Rename Device] [Log] 2015-12-10 23:01:11
212 MySensors 0000 0 TempHum Temp + Humidity WTGR800 19.3 C, 40 % - - [Add Device] [Rename Device] [Log] 2015-12-10 23:01:11
211 MySensors 0004 1 Humidity LaCrosse TX3 Humidity 37 % - - [Add Device] [Rename Device] [Log] 2015-12-10 22:01:14

I don't know where the LaCrosse (211) comes from. 212 is the DHT22, is correct.
213 is supposed to be the Dallas, but it kind of inherits the humidity of 212.

Backbone
Normal user

#53 Post by Backbone » 11 Dec 2015, 07:32

Now I know what bert has it seems the names of the sensors are incorrect and also the values.

Paco
Knipsel15.JPG
Knipsel15.JPG (51.79 KiB) Viewed 30524 times

Backbone
Normal user

#54 Post by Backbone » 11 Dec 2015, 07:33

Knipsel16.JPG
Knipsel16.JPG (53.79 KiB) Viewed 30524 times

Backbone
Normal user

#55 Post by Backbone » 11 Dec 2015, 11:35

Some more testing.

@ Bert, with the serial monitor I see no reset and all values of the connected sensors give good values or status as shown in the ESP EASY interface.

As I did not trusted the devices found in the DMZ devices and setup I removed them all.
Removed the device and added it again.
Switch on hardware detection in DMZ and all prevoius sensors are there again but are not the sensor ESP EASY shows in the interface.

Paco
Knipsel17.JPG
Knipsel17.JPG (43.09 KiB) Viewed 30500 times

BertB
Normal user

#56 Post by BertB » 11 Dec 2015, 12:14

I can see the sense of making a device that talks the MySensors lingo, but how many of these devices can be managed by Domoticz?
Now I use port 5003, but do I need a port per ESPEasyMySensors device?

Martinus

#57 Post by Martinus » 11 Dec 2015, 12:23

BertB wrote:I can see the sense of making a device that talks the MySensors lingo, but how many of these devices can be managed by Domoticz?
Now I use port 5003, but do I need a port per ESPEasyMySensors device?
Each ESP will need it's own LAN gateway in Domoticz, because the MySensors gateway is setup as a server. This makes things more complicated I think, but can't change it because it's build that way on both ends.

Currently running three of them but I don't know the maximum you can have.

There's also funny stuff if you have several similar sensors attached, because Domoticz tries to make combined sensors out of them. I don't know how to tell the controller which child ID's belong to a physical device. Already asked a question about this on domoticz forum.

http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9363

btw, R3 is available on github, it has some minor fixes and I've added BMP085 and SI7021 to be able to do more testing.

BertB
Normal user

#58 Post by BertB » 11 Dec 2015, 12:27

I will test it right away.
Do you also need a port per gateway?

Martinus

#59 Post by Martinus » 11 Dec 2015, 12:37

BertB wrote:I will test it right away.
Do you also need a port per gateway?
No, because each gateway (ESP) has it's own unique IP address.

rmtucker
Normal user

#60 Post by rmtucker » 11 Dec 2015, 12:48

I really did not expect this to progress so quickly,Thanks martinus :D
Just a thought though to keep things simple instead of multiple gateways.
Is it not possible to have 1 ESP gateway with multiple ESP nodes?
I know you are trying to stay away from a separate gateway but Why,it is only an extra ESP and then it would be the same as the mysensors setup for a couple of pounds?

Martinus

#61 Post by Martinus » 11 Dec 2015, 13:39

rmtucker wrote:Just a thought though to keep things simple instead of multiple gateways.
I don't think that the MySensors library currently supports this, or it's an undocumented feature? Maybe you have more information, since I'm totally new on MySensors. How to tell an ESP node to find a gateway? It could be nice if we could hook up things that way.

Deennoo
Normal user

#62 Post by Deennoo » 11 Dec 2015, 14:21

Martinus wrote:
rmtucker wrote:Just a thought though to keep things simple instead of multiple gateways.
I don't think that the MySensors library currently supports this, or it's an undocumented feature? Maybe you have more information, since I'm totally new on MySensors. How to tell an ESP node to find a gateway? It could be nice if we could hook up things that way.
+1 as i use 5 Espeasy sensor on the same wifinet work i creat a spécial one from my Pi just for them.

Ger
Normal user

#63 Post by Ger » 12 Dec 2015, 12:35

If I read documentation about mysensors and the use of esp8266.
I get the impression you can use the esp8266 as a sensor only node.
What I read mysensors uses a broadcast type protocol to find gateways and sensors.
As far as I can see our plugin's use the standard send command also used by the standard mysensors sensors.

http://mysensors.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

In my experience the mysensors gateway is stable :D

Martinus

#64 Post by Martinus » 13 Dec 2015, 11:37

Ger wrote:I get the impression you can use the esp8266 as a sensor only node.
But then this comment made by the developer confuses me:

Code: Select all

// Gateway mode always enabled for ESP8266. But we add this anyway ;)
#define MY_GATEWAY_ESP8266
So it seems to be a gateway whatever you define. And if it's a gateway, I doubt it will try to find one...

doxikus
Normal user

#65 Post by doxikus » 13 Dec 2015, 13:10

Hi,

I have followed this topic and try to upload new firmware. For portable setup I use this guide http://www.esp8266-projects.com/2015/06 ... table.html, except I use for board manage url http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/packa ... index.json

Next step I have download master.zip file from https://github.com/ESP8266nu/ESPEasyMySensors and from sourceforge mysensor archive file to get I2C lcd lib. Do I need to download anithing else, include mysensor lib!?.

In my current setup I have 2 folder espeasymysensr and liquidlcd, in which folder I need to copy this folder, in default library or inside Portable!?

It is little bit hard to follow each topic and get things right. So if someone can write more detailed walktrough.

Thanks

BertB
Normal user

#66 Post by BertB » 13 Dec 2015, 13:38

I have made a folder like this: C:\Tools\Arduino1.6.5.MySensors
In that folder I have the following folders:
- arduino-1.6.5-r5 (portable Arduino IDE with the ESP8266 package you also use)
- Libraries
- ESPEasyMySensors R001 (I downloaded the master from the github and renamed it to - ESPEasyMySensors R001)
- ESPEasyMySensors R002 (see above for R002)
- ESPEasyMySensors R003 (see above for R003)

In Libraries I have:
- a large amount of folders I got when I unpacked the MySensors repository from the github. (perhaps far too much)
- I added the folder LiquidCristal_I2C

I did not add anything to the folder named portable. That happened automatically.

Hope this helps.

hek
New user

#67 Post by hek » 13 Dec 2015, 18:55

Martinus wrote:
Ger wrote:I get the impression you can use the esp8266 as a sensor only node.
But then this comment made by the developer confuses me:

Code: Select all

// Gateway mode always enabled for ESP8266. But we add this anyway ;)
#define MY_GATEWAY_ESP8266
So it seems to be a gateway whatever you define. And if it's a gateway, I doubt it will try to find one...
Yes, this define is pretty pointless as for ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP8266 it will be defined here:
https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/bl ... nsor.h#L52

Well.. It should probably be removed.

doxikus
Normal user

#68 Post by doxikus » 13 Dec 2015, 20:21

BertB wrote:I have made a folder like this: C:\Tools\Arduino1.6.5.MySensors
- Libraries
- ESPEasyMySensors R001 (I downloaded the master from the github and renamed it to - ESPEasyMySensors R001)

In Libraries I have:
- a large amount of folders I got when I unpacked the MySensors repository from the github. (perhaps far too much)

I did not add anything to the folder named portable. That happened automatically.

Hope this helps.
Hi Bert

I think I got it, after few times :-).

Under domoticz I got listed sensor, log files look like this

2015-12-13 20:09:25.162 MySensors: trying to connect to: 192.168.5.16:5003
2015-12-13 20:09:27.170 MySensors: connected to: 192.168.5.16:5003
2015-12-13 20:09:27.170 MySensors: Gateway Ready...
2015-12-13 20:09:28.174 MySensors: Gateway Version: 1.6.0-beta
2015-12-13 20:09:28.174 MySensors: Gateway Version: 1.6.0-beta
2015-12-13 20:09:31.238 Hardware Monitor: Fetching data (System sensors)
2015-12-13 20:10:01.494 Hardware Monitor: Fetching data (System sensors)
2015-12-13 20:10:05.323 (esptest) Temp (Unknown)

Only thing is under hardware setup on domoticz sketch name is unknown.

So far everthing works fine, one dallas temp sensor, I will leave it few days to see whats happening.

Ger
Normal user

#69 Post by Ger » 14 Dec 2015, 00:06

http://www.mysensors.org/about/network
Referring to the above URL my question is can the ESP act as sensor node or as repeater sensor node?
In the following URL what's new:
Gateway just another sensor node! So now you can have wired ethernet sensors and wireless ESP8266 sensors without any radio attach if you want.
http://mysensors.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html
Gives me the impression it is possible, if it's not possible yet, I think it would be a nice feature ;)

hek
New user

#70 Post by hek » 14 Dec 2015, 10:44

ESP-nodes currently can't connect to each-other forming a network of their own.

It's a nice idea but would require some network discovery mechanism (how should they find each-other?).

We also need to handle the fact that each "gateway" can have a sub-network of 254 sensors each (via radio/RS485). So implementing an ESP gateway-for other ESP nodes would need some changes is the API to the controller (handling multi sub-networks of some kind).

Ger
Normal user

#71 Post by Ger » 14 Dec 2015, 13:59

I would like two options for the mysensors ESP:
1. the current option as an gateway with sensors.
2. a repeater node with sensors, with a static route to the gateway.

tim
Normal user

#72 Post by tim » 18 Dec 2015, 16:13

So now we have two Easy versions. I can run both and get them to work in Domoticz. But the mysensors version has no so many plugins as the older version of the project. I was thinking about testing the pulse counter but it is not listed. Will this be done soon?

Will the mysensors version replace the older one?

And I also see that domoticz connection is lost after ESP reboots. Is this ESP or Domoticz problem?

Martinus

#73 Post by Martinus » 20 Dec 2015, 13:13

tim wrote:...I was thinking about testing the pulse counter but it is not listed. Will this be done soon?
No further plans in my roadmap yet. I would first like to see if this route has enough potential or need.
So far, not many reactions, neither on Domoticz nor MySensors forum and my question on Domoticz forum about multiple sensors on a single node remain unanswered.

Of course we're still a very small community in a niche market so it could have one of the following explanations:

1) Nobody besides us knows about the stuff we're doing :roll:
2) Nobody besides us really cares :lol:
tim wrote:Will the mysensors version replace the older one?
Not likely in the foreseeable future.
But if the MySensors protocol is flexible enough to provide all of our communication needs, then it probably will someday.
tim wrote:And I also see that domoticz connection is lost after ESP reboots. Is this ESP or Domoticz problem?
Domoticz acts as client here. So it should reconnect because the ESP act as a server and can't reestablish the connection.
So maybe you have to check the timeout feature as this may do the trick.

doxikus
Normal user

#74 Post by doxikus » 20 Dec 2015, 18:28

HI,

As Martinus said, we are small community, espeasy are not popular among DIY'ers :-). They still don't recognize true power :-).

In first I have noob's question on this forum, on each question I have right answer, so community is strong :-), now I'm moderate user and already have 4 esp nodes around my house, they work as expected, I have simple task and espeasy perform very nice. For me I can say that I'm early adopter regarding to ESP board, and I try almost all solutions that I can find on web/github :-).

I have also one mysensor node using arduino as gateway and domoticz as controller. Idea behind mysensor is great, cheap hardware and lots of supported sensors plus very large of controllers and for my case domoticz have great support for sensors. Only problem is that there is to much hardware involved and lots of wires :-(.

espeasy is most elegant solution to build DIY sensor node or on other side complete sensor/automation server without dedicated controller or extra hardware involved.

I would try to answer martinus how I see further development of this great piece of hardware.

I would to have exact feature as is right now on espeasy, web server with settings and in feature support for more sensor, or some kind of plugin system where we can include sketches and create custom firmware. So communication protocol can be either current http which is not very good supported trough domoticz or even better mysensor.org only because it have better support trough domoticz.

To be honest in most cases when you have more nodes around house it is based on one or two sensor, in most cases, so I don't see that someone will use 5 or more sensor on one ESP node. As i said this is by my personal experience, maybe someone will be using different setup.

From hardware point I think people still don't understand what espeasy is. You have only one radio capable node with gpio and support for most protocols, 1-wire, I2C... you only need to attach sensor and voila.

So please continue with current work :-)

Maybe some else can add theirs wishes here so it can be easier to Martinus to choose right path :-)

mkotek
Normal user

#75 Post by mkotek » 21 Dec 2015, 17:45

Following on doxikus comments, I am currently using several nodes, where majority is having 2 sensors, but this was a start. There are a couple of modules where I have built Quindor's LED drivers, so again 2 GPIO's (ESP-01), but I am already thinking about upgrading them to ESP-12E, although that would mean, a PCB needs to be changed.
Now, I am building a single node, that needs to have 4 independant relays, SR04 and inner & outside temp + possibly PIR. That is maximum of what I need.

I am currently not using MySensors, just direct connection to Domoticz, but this is because I have just started playing with actual modules, after spending last quarter on gathering parts and reading about items. If I find something useful in MySensors, I will of course want this supported.

So far, I feel the need for OTA upgrade to prevail other functions, as it would really save time for unplugging and replugging the ESPs to bring the firmware up-to-date.
Michal 'Kotek', greetings from Poland. Zapraszam na mój blog o automatyce domowej po polsku: http://www.ukotka.com.

chrille
Normal user

#76 Post by chrille » 22 Dec 2015, 22:47

Martinus wrote:No further plans in my roadmap yet. I would first like to see if this route has enough potential or need.
So far, not many reactions, neither on Domoticz nor MySensors forum and my question on Domoticz forum about multiple sensors on a single node remain unanswered.

Of course we're still a very small community in a niche market so it could have one of the following explanations:

1) Nobody besides us knows about the stuff we're doing :roll:
2) Nobody besides us really cares :lol:
The mysensors support is a nice idea, but honestly I think it's mostly a workaround for the lack of full support for virtual sensors in domoticz. I would like to stick to MQTT, as it's much more generic than the mysensors API - however with the current limitations in domoticz with regards to events and virtual devices, why you might follow the mysensors path

- Jan
Jan Chrillesen, Denmark

rmtucker
Normal user

#77 Post by rmtucker » 22 Dec 2015, 23:41

chrille wrote:The mysensors support is a nice idea, but honestly I think it's mostly a workaround for the lack of full support for virtual sensors in domoticz. I would like to stick to MQTT, as it's much more generic than the mysensors API - however with the current limitations in domoticz with regards to events and virtual devices, why you might follow the mysensors path
Is there an alternative to Domoticz that does not have these limitations?
I only went with Domoticz because of the initial support through ESPEasy.
Maybe it is time to look at a another controller,That gives better support for virtual devices.
I have recently tried the proper mysensors hardware route and it is very messy,Too many bits and wires compared to ESPeasy.

ILoveIOT
Normal user

#78 Post by ILoveIOT » 23 Dec 2015, 03:20

Openhab ? but then again, if I see java, and think about 200+ devices, its the very wrong way, and domoticz writen in C, I guess the right way.

"We" can choose here, Mysensors has the support for many controller and protocols, and allot of sensors, so I guess it will save you some time there based on controllers and protocols support in the future (why invent the wheel twice), and you can focus on the webbased and multisensor part, both things what mysensors is clearly missing at the moment and at the end, it will be also a addon for mysensors team, but they can't the value of "ESPEasyMySensors" project right now because its to new, it will need some time for support from there side, there was a topic about this (multinode easy config) on mysensors but the prio from the team was very low, don't understand that part, because the community will grow exponentially with this "easy" kind of solutions, but I guess they are busy with protocols en controllers ;) Cannot imagine a full house with only mysensors with 100+ single RF sensor nodes

If you wanna sail youre own ship, it will take some time for full Domoticz support and other protocols/controllers, but maybe you will have more control over this project, on the other hand, dont know what the limitations are for mysensors at the moment, sensors based support maybe ok. I guess the multisensor part will be tricky in the beginning but its already supported in Domoticz, I was reading if youre using a Mysensors Mega gateway it will be overkill because you cant use the other I/O pins, so there is something, dont know about the writen code or used libraries, or network speeds for mysensors, MQTT looks better, but how much better and how is the support for ESPEASY MQTT in Domoticz, looks like Mysensors also already has support for it, or they will be, in the future.

So the million $ question is "what the team likes the most, to do with there limitted time, and maybe if they wanna join the Mysensors team" this is already a great project on its own, "easy" and multinode are the big plus points, in my small opinion we should discover the easy multi mysensors route and look for a good reason to abandon the project, if it works it will save a ton of time, if I can help somewhere with testing or to get things more clearly,......

Is this problem only about the blocky thing, and so we must use scripts with the virtual devices ?

R1mon
New user

#79 Post by R1mon » 29 Jan 2016, 20:18

- Libraries

In Libraries I have:

Hope this helps.
Hi Bert,

I keep tring to get everything running, unfortunately it keeps popping up the error about SPI.h..... Did everything as above.
When I open the project within the folder ESPEasyMySensors R001 the following message pops-up:
The file ESPEasyMySensors.ino should in a folder named ESPEasyMySensors and asks if I want to create a folder. When I do so the SPI error pops-up, in case I cancel and remove R001 from the folder name the error pops-up as well.....

I just don't get it, it shouldn't be to hard.... Kept trying over and over again, but no succes. Other Arduino project I used complide fine in the past but I keep running into problems with this one.. Hopefully someone can help, I see some advantages with respect to the ESPEasy firmware!

Is it possible that you (Or someone how has everything up and running) share your portable setup using a free sharing serves (wetransfer.com for example)?

Thanks in advanced!!!

mkotek
Normal user

#80 Post by mkotek » 29 Jan 2016, 20:52

I do not know about ESPMySensors, but for regular ESPEasy, you need to name the folder exactly ESPEasy and not ESPEasy Rxx or ESPEasy-master like the downoladed zip file suggests.
Michal 'Kotek', greetings from Poland. Zapraszam na mój blog o automatyce domowej po polsku: http://www.ukotka.com.

R1mon
New user

#81 Post by R1mon » 29 Jan 2016, 21:07

mkotek wrote:I do not know about ESPMySensors, but for regular ESPEasy, you need to name the folder exactly ESPEasy and not ESPEasy Rxx or ESPEasy-master like the downoladed zip file suggests.
Thanks for the anwser! But building the normal ESPEasy software is no issue that runs fine on my ESP8266.
That's why I don't understand why it is not possible to get everything up and running....

BertB
Normal user

#82 Post by BertB » 29 Jan 2016, 23:29

Correct. The file ESPMySensors.ino and the other arduino files that belong to it, must be in a folder named ESPMySensors. To separate the various releases, I created the following subtree
/ESPMySensors R003/ESPMySensors/ESPMySensors.ino etc.

R1mon
New user

#83 Post by R1mon » 31 Jan 2016, 14:32

BertB wrote:Correct. The file ESPMySensors.ino and the other arduino files that belong to it, must be in a folder named ESPMySensors. To separate the various releases, I created the following subtree
/ESPMySensors R003/ESPMySensors/ESPMySensors.ino etc.
Ok I this case I did it everything according to the steps as described, but I still don't manage to compile the project...?
Could you share you portable set-up including the ESPMySensor?

R1mon
New user

#84 Post by R1mon » 03 Feb 2016, 21:40

- Libraries

In Libraries I have:

Hope this helps.
Hey Bert,

When I create everything like this, the first error I get is that I cannot find the Liquidcrystal_I2C.h.
So I change the sketchbook location within the Arduino settings to the folder C:\Tools\Arduino1.6.5.MySensors
After doing this I get the cannot find SPI.h error..... Do you have any clou on this

mkotek
Normal user

#85 Post by mkotek » 03 Feb 2016, 22:10

R1mon wrote:
- Libraries

In Libraries I have:

Hope this helps.
Hey Bert,

When I create everything like this, the first error I get is that I cannot find the Liquidcrystal_I2C.h.
So I change the sketchbook location within the Arduino settings to the folder C:\Tools\Arduino1.6.5.MySensors
After doing this I get the cannot find SPI.h error..... Do you have any clou on this
I do not know about MySensors, but in case of Easy ESP, Arduino IDE is looking to files located in My Documents\Arduino folder. I am putting there ESP Easy - master folder downloaded from GitHub, renamed to ESP Easy. In your case, I would do the same - download the zip file and rename folder to ESPEasyMySensors and open the main ino file from that folder.

BertB
Normal user

#86 Post by BertB » 03 Feb 2016, 22:22

You are correct but in this case Martinus recommended to create a portable ide environment. Either way, it should work with the correct libraries in a library folder in te same directory as where your folders with the project reside. This is basic arduino stuff.

BertB
Normal user

#87 Post by BertB » 03 Feb 2016, 22:51

Did follow this earlier post of Martinus:

http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewtopic.p ... t=30#p2255

R1mon
New user

#88 Post by R1mon » 11 Feb 2016, 18:35

Thanks for the responses! But I still didn't manage to get this project running.
Maybe I using a incorrect version of the MySensors librarie else I don't know what could be wrong.....
Could someone share his portable version of this project??

R1mon
New user

#89 Post by R1mon » 13 Feb 2016, 12:01

@BertB,

Thanks for the PM! Apperantly I'm not allowed to respond to your PM can you send me your email so I will just email you my mail address!

R1mon
New user

#90 Post by R1mon » 16 Feb 2016, 19:21

Thanks BertB for your version, this one is compiling and running fine!!!

Only the advantage of the MySensor ESP is not clear to me anymore...

I hope for better failure proof handling/indication with respect to the ESP Easy firmware. But I think this is not actually the case. When monitoring the data from and to the ESP module some data is requested approximately every 10 second. However in case of a broken link this not indicated within domoticz.... I could not found much on the MySensors website regarding handshaking/watchdog, but expected it better than it actually is.
Light switching seems to be a bit slower than with the ESP Easy firmware due to the extra MySensor layer, but honestly this should not be noticeable.

BertB
Normal user

#91 Post by BertB » 16 Feb 2016, 21:07

Good to here it is allright now. Glad to be of help.
I think this variant to ESPEasy is an early attempt to het soms kind of integration with Domoticz without the use of dummy devices.

vmfs1968
Normal user

#92 Post by vmfs1968 » 28 Mar 2016, 11:26

Hello
already compiled esp my sensors without problems and now I'm getting
always gives error
someone can tell me what is the library to the right mysensores
give the link
did I get two but give the two error

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Placa:"SparkFun ESP8266 Thing, 80 MHz, Serial, 115200"

In file included from ESPEasyMySensors.ino:134:0:
C:\mysensors\arduino-1.6.5-r5\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:285:4: error: #error No forward link or gateway feature activated. This means nowhere to send messages! Pretty pointless.
#error No forward link or gateway feature activated. This means nowhere to send messages! Pretty pointless.
^
Erro ao compilar.

Este relatório teria mais informação com
"Mostrar output verboso durante a compilação"
ativo em Ficheiro > Preferências