ESPEasy P2P network questioin or issue... Fixed, late night typo

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

mattlward
Normal user

ESPEasy P2P network questioin or issue... Fixed, late night typo

#1 Post by mattlward » 30 Mar 2018, 05:26

I am running mega-20180329 on a pair of Wemos D1's acting as receiver'rs and a Wemos D1 running mega-20180327 as a source. The source has 3 dummy devices with currently the first 2 data points in use and I have set up the RX units with the same task numbers and names. 1 of the RX units gets data in all six of the expected task slots and the other only gets data in the 2 slots for task 6 and task 7, but not task 8.

I can't find good docs on the new method of using this feature... So, do I need to have that controller enabled on each unit and only tag it on the unit that is the transmitter?

Martinus

Re: ESPEasy P2P network questioin or issue... Fixed, late night typo

#2 Post by Martinus » 31 Mar 2018, 14:44

Dev versions have no wiki docs so we have to wait for a new stable and overhaul the entire wiki.

In the mean time: The P2P controllers needs to be active on all unit's that participate in global sync. The controller handles both transmitting and receiving sensor config and data.

It's also important that you tag the "Send to controller" on the task on the sending unit and Submit it while the receiving unit's have NO task setup on the same number. The P2P controller should create the task on the receiving unit, else updates will not work. The P2P controller will create a new task with the "TaskDeviceDataFeed" set to 1 so it knows that this is a special task that has a remote data feed.

Assume you want to have task 12 as a global sync task on unit 1, syncing with unit 2:
- Configure the same UDP port number on unit 1 and unit 2
- Add the P2P controller to unit 1 and unit 2
- Clear task 12 on unit 2 if it's in use
- Setup task 12 on unit 1, enable "Send to controller" for the P2P controller
- Submit task 12 on unit 1
- It should automatically create task 12 on unit 2 and data should be in sync from here.

mattlward
Normal user

#3 Post by mattlward » 31 Mar 2018, 17:14

That is slick! I got it working, but not the same way.

gert3d
New user

#4 Post by gert3d » 16 Apr 2018, 19:05

So how if I may ask ..?

mattlward
Normal user

#5 Post by mattlward » 16 Apr 2018, 19:42

It is as simple as defining multiple instances of P2P on multiple ESP's. The trick is each one talks to different tasks that are common across all your ESP's that need to get the data.