Disable the ESP config AP?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

endor
New user

Disable the ESP config AP?

#1 Post by endor » 26 Dec 2015, 12:23

The ESP config AP is one of the greatest features on this project.

But, is it possible to disable the ESP config AP once the device is configured for my wifi?

costo
Normal user

Re: Disable the ESP config AP?

#2 Post by costo » 26 Dec 2015, 13:37

What you want is already there. AP disappears as soon as a wifi conection is established.

endor
New user

#3 Post by endor » 26 Dec 2015, 13:49

Ok, great.. it must have been my computer still thinking it was there then. Thanks

BerndJ
Normal user

#4 Post by BerndJ » 26 Dec 2015, 14:36

costo wrote:.... is already there. ......
Hi,

shure?

Testing 3x ESP-12E with R057,
two whitout attached Sensors, these are running fine without resets (3031 and 3030 minutes),
the last maked one reset (130 minutes ago) with OLED, 2x 18B20, BH1750, BMP085, DHT11 and analogue Measuring,

all 3 are logged into the Fritzbox 7390,
but the FB7390 seeing all three as AP with name ESP_0 !,
the iPhone 5S ignored these.

best wishes

Bernd

costo
Normal user

#5 Post by costo » 26 Dec 2015, 18:03

BerndJ wrote:
costo wrote:.... is already there. ......
all 3 are logged into the Fritzbox 7390,
but the FB7390 seeing all three as AP with name ESP_0 !,
the iPhone 5S ignored these.

best wishes

Bernd
I believe if your Iphone ignores them then they are not really there. On my android tablet and on my android phone i do not see any AP when espeasy is connected to wifi.

My fritzbox 7340 sometimes sees network deviced that are disconnected for some time, so my fritzbox sees devices that are not there. (anymore).

Maybe Martinus the writer of espeasy can tell us more about the disappearing AP's.

kr0815
Normal user

#6 Post by kr0815 » 26 Dec 2015, 20:26

For ANdroid, there is a cool app - Wifi Ananlyzer - with that one you see what is really going on with all the wifis around

costo
Normal user

#7 Post by costo » 27 Dec 2015, 00:02

There is only one way i have found to let the AP reappear again after an succesfull connect to my wifi.

I have sensor(s) attached that try to send data (Send Data box ticked in the device tab). If I do not have a controller online or I have the wrong ip for the controller in the config tab, then I get connect failures (seen in the log), because the ESP tries to send data to a controller but cannot connect. The connect failures count to 30 and then the ESP reboots, resulting in the reappearence of the AP while the connection with my wifi is lost.
this line " #define REBOOT_ON_MAX_CONNECTION_FAILURES 30 " makes the ESP reboot.

Maybe something like that is going on when you see ESP_0 AP in your wirelesslist.

BerndJ
Normal user

#8 Post by BerndJ » 27 Dec 2015, 12:24

Hi,

next test results:

i disabled one of them, power off, seeing only two ESP_0 in Fritzbox.

Changed the sending channel of the FB:

these one, who had attached sensors changed also with his AP the channel to the new one,
the other uses the old channel for his AP and followed only with his connection the new one and i can get in touch via WLAN and Fritzbox.

In this scenario i can see on the iPhone the AP ESP_0, but only one, looks like it does´nt can see additional AP on the same channel it´s connected.

Hope it helps.

costo
Normal user

#9 Post by costo » 27 Dec 2015, 13:13

@ BerndJ,
some questions for you:

1) Are the ESP's that can be seen as AP (ssid=ESP_0) also connected to the wifi network , i mean do they get a local IP address from your router ?
2) Do you have a controller/server in your network (Domoticz or other) where your ESP connects to and (try to) send the sensor_data to ?
3) In the logfile (Tools-Log) how many ConnectFailures, is that number greater than zero ?

BerndJ
Normal user

#10 Post by BerndJ » 27 Dec 2015, 13:23

Hi,

1) yes
2) the one who has sensors: yes, IP-symcon with open server socket
3) no, 0

costo
Normal user

#11 Post by costo » 27 Dec 2015, 14:29

The only difference between your and my situation is the server/controller where data is send to.
In my situation (controller protocol is Domoticz HTTP on port 8080), AP's disappear from the list and in your situation (controller is IP-symcon) AP's stay active when ESP is connected to a wifi network
I do not know the reason why but this might as well be a bug in ESPEasy.
IP-symcon can use many protocols, which protocol have you chosen in IP-symcon and which protocol in the ESP-Config-tab ?

Another bug , in my opinion, is that the program does not differentiate between ConnectFailures to the wifi router and ConnectFailures to the server/controller it will send data to. Both ConnectFailures will make the ESP , when count=30, reboot and come back in AP mode.
If the connection to the wifi network is OK it should not come back in AP mode.

Carlotronics
New user

#12 Post by Carlotronics » 16 Dec 2020, 16:29

Hello,

Sorry to dig up this thread.

I also have a NodeMCU (based on ESP-12) running ESP Easy, and configured with a Domoticz HTTP controller on port 8080.

ESP Easy was installed on the board on August 17, 2019.

Today, I turned off the Domoticz server. I then encountered the same "problem" of the access point appearing while the card was connected to the wifi.
After removing the Domoticz controller from the ESP Easy configuration, the access point disappeared, which confirms the theory mentioned above.

This is not a big problem in itself, but I just came to point out that this little bug still exists.

Best wishes

Carlotronics

Ath
Normal user

#13 Post by Ath » 16 Dec 2020, 17:29

Have you updated to a current ESPEasy release to confirm your finding? Your build is nearly 1,5 year old, and many releases have been made since then. Latest can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/releases
/Ton (PayPal.me)