Possibility to invert input on IO port expanders (PCF,MCP)

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

toffel969
Normal user

Possibility to invert input on IO port expanders (PCF,MCP)

#1 Post by toffel969 » 20 Aug 2018, 10:53

Hi

On the "normal"(GPIO) switch input, there is a check box to invert the value (0-->1, 1-->). This option is not available on the I2C expander switch input.

Would it be a big problem to implement that ? Do you see it as a useful feature?

Best regards
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Possibility to invert input on IO port expanders (PCF,MCP)

#2 Post by TD-er » 21 Aug 2018, 07:30

I don't know how much work it would be to implement in those switch options, but I agree all GPIO pins should at least be treated equal when it comes to options.
But I guess these extra pins should be usable as normal GPIO pins and be usable in all existing plugins.
And that will be a lot of work to do.

toffel969
Normal user

Re: Possibility to invert input on IO port expanders (PCF,MCP)

#3 Post by toffel969 » 21 Aug 2018, 11:35

TD-er wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 07:30 I don't know how much work it would be to implement in those switch options, but I agree all GPIO pins should at least be treated equal when it comes to options.
But I guess these extra pins should be usable as normal GPIO pins and be usable in all existing plugins.
And that will be a lot of work to do.
Hi TD-er

Thanks for your reply. I will try to work around using a custom built where I invert the state in the code time being. I am following the "GPIO" handling debate on github and will hang in for the general integration of the IO expanders.

regards
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8