Hardware Watchdog after some hours

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Rampler
Normal user

Hardware Watchdog after some hours

#1 Post by Rampler » 15 Mar 2019, 12:55

Hi together,
makes it sense to open a issue for a hardware watchdog problem ?
I think the developer are working on it, isnt it ?
I have several ESP8266, they all run fine, expext one.
The problem ESP8266 device gets after some hours a hardware watchdog reset. Difference to my other's ESP's are, that this ESP have defined two pusle counter's.
Therefore i think pulse counter plugin causes the hardware watchdogs.
I have already optimized the minimum send interval for the controller and message interval, no success.
I forced wifi B/G also.

regards
Klaus

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Hardware Watchdog after some hours

#2 Post by TD-er » 15 Mar 2019, 13:31

What position in the device page listing do these pulse counter plugins have?
They should be in only the first 3 or 4 positions.
The pulse counter plugin does try to combine some call back functions to an interrupt of the configured pin.
This may also cause some issues related to timing.

We are also trying to develop a different way of GPIO handling, since both GPIO related plugins (P001 switch and P003 Pulse) are made way too complex and also allow for so many uses which are not thought of when written.
So in essence these 2 plugins are defect by design and that's also something we're working on.

Rampler
Normal user

Re: Hardware Watchdog after some hours

#3 Post by Rampler » 15 Mar 2019, 15:22

TD-er wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 13:31 What position in the device page listing do these pulse counter plugins have?
They should be in only the first 3 or 4 positions.
Postion 1 and 2.
TD-er wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 13:31 We are also trying to develop a different way of GPIO handling, since both GPIO related plugins (P001 switch and P003 Pulse) are made way too complex and also allow for so many uses which are not thought of when written.
So in essence these 2 plugins are defect by design and that's also something we're working on.
Thanks for inormation .. (i opened the issue "LongPulse command output is missing on device page")
regards Klaus