ESPEasy + RFLink + Domoticz as Client

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

mefi01
New user

ESPEasy + RFLink + Domoticz as Client

#1 Post by mefi01 » 15 May 2019, 21:45

Hello.

My problem is the next. I would like to connect my RFLink hardware to my Domoticz server.
The Server is running at home on a Raspberry PI over cable modem-router. The IP is public.

The RFLink hardware is connected to a NodeMCU board. ESPEasy runs on it.
The RFlink is located at an other field, miles away.
There is a Wireless router with 3G connection. The problem, in our country (Hungary) the Mobile internet providers not provide public IP, or not open ports, so i couldn't use it as server or host.

Is there a solution to connect the RFLink Gateway to Domoticz as Client?

-I've tried with Serial-MQTT bridge ->Node-red -> Domoticz, but I'm stuck at The Nodered code, because my low nodered knowledge.
-ESPeasy Ser2net Only works at home or anywhere else with public ip of course.
-I can't edit Domotiz "RFLink Gateway with LAN interface" to works as TCP Server. And espeasy ser2net plugin to works as tcp client.
-I have a new idea. Maybe use the OpenVPN . OpenWRT runs on the 3G router. It's a suddenly idea so I don't know it can be work.
Can anybody help me? Or who has the same trouble?

Thanks.

seb82
Normal user

Re: ESPEasy + RFLink + Domoticz as Client

#2 Post by seb82 » 15 May 2019, 23:27

Hello,

I made a firmware that publishes everything from an RFLink to a MQTT server : espRFLinkMQTT

Maybe this could be an option, possibly with something like CloudMQTT for example.
Sébastien - espRFLinkMQTT gateway RFLink MQTT on esp

mefi01
New user

#3 Post by mefi01 » 16 May 2019, 13:24

I've tried it. Works perfectly with my mqtt server and nodered. My biggest problem was the nodered->domoticz communication. I can't write the code.

The coolest solution will be a hardware interface on Domoticz like the existing ones. This can add a new device automatically to the list when it present. And knows when the rflink gateway disconnects.

I'm working on the OpenVPN solution at now.

mefi01
New user

#4 Post by mefi01 » 27 May 2019, 18:06

seb82 wrote: 15 May 2019, 23:27 Hello,

I made a firmware that publishes everything from an RFLink to a MQTT server : espRFLinkMQTT

Maybe this could be an option, possibly with something like CloudMQTT for example.
I will stay your solution because I stuck at the openvpn. I can't configure properly my openvpn server and client in openwrt.

Can you update your software with the function like original espeasy? Web gui for configure the wireless connections. Alternate wireless if the primary connecrion lost. And can be in AP mode when no connection for a while.

Thank you.
Oliver