Alive Mail

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

realrope
Normal user

Alive Mail

#1 Post by realrope » 31 Jul 2019, 13:43

As of last summer a thunderstorm killed the Powersupply of or gardenhouse out in the green resulting that I had to clean our freezer for hours.
I now built in an ESP measuring the temp inside to warn me if the temperature goes above -15 deg C. Still I wait für a small ups (apc) beeing delivered for keeping the Router and the ESP alive to send the SOS out. But now I´m going on holidays and it thunderstorm season and my idea is to let the ESP which gets the supply from the freezer regardless of temp. send an email every 5h.
The very raw idea is that at the moment the mail delivery stops, something must be wrong and I could send the neighbor over. More or less a deadmanbutton.
Does anybody know how to realize something like that. STMP Server, User and PWD I do have.
best yours rob

ThomasB
Normal user

Re: Alive Mail

#2 Post by ThomasB » 01 Aug 2019, 05:36

The very raw idea is that at the moment the mail delivery stops, something must be wrong and I could send the neighbor over. More or less a deadmanbutton.
Does anybody know how to realize something like that.
1. Configure the Email (SMTP) plugin found on the Notifications page. Validate settings using the test feature (at bottom of page).
2. Create a timer rule that sends an email every 5 hours. Something like this:

Code: Select all

on System#Boot do
   timerSet,1,60 
   timerSet,2,18000
endon

on Rules#Timer=1 do
  Notify 1 "Freezer power has been restored. Watchdog messages will be sent every five hours."
endon

on Rules#Timer=2 do
  timerSet,2,18000
  Notify 1 "Good news, the freezer has AC power. Next watchdog message will be sent in five hours."
endon
- Thomas