espeasy won't publish data to mqtt broker

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

vectah
New user

espeasy won't publish data to mqtt broker

#1 Post by vectah » 22 Jan 2016, 09:36

Hello,

I've noticed that sometimes ESPEasy goes into state where it won't publish data to mqtt broker (my other sensors publishes data at this time). I've tested builds nr 48 and 63 - both seems to have the same problem. I can connect to esp webserver and read it's log. It seems that it works OK, but unfortunately no messages are sent out to the broker. When I reboot the ESP it starts to publish messages again.

Martinus

Re: espeasy won't publish data to mqtt broker

#2 Post by Martinus » 23 Jan 2016, 11:03

Based on the logging, it looks like a strange situation. It seems that during the periodic MQTT connect check, the connection state is lost. So it will try to reconnect and it seems to be successful and subscribing again. But the next loop, all over again...

I will change the MQTT check to reboot the device if successive failures occur. And for this particular situation I have to put more weight on failures than success otherwise it will never exceed the threshold (count+, count-, count+, count-,...)

It would still be a workaround thought, but it could help to keeps things going and avoiding manual intervention...

Martinus

#3 Post by Martinus » 23 Jan 2016, 17:34

R71 is available and it might recover from the MQTT connection issues with an automated reboot. Although this is a workaround, it may help keeping the sensor readings coming in...

vectah
New user

#4 Post by vectah » 24 Jan 2016, 19:24

Thanks for the reply. I'll put r71 on my boards and test it out.

ambassadoro
Normal user

#5 Post by ambassadoro » 02 Feb 2016, 10:51

Hello!

Is this solved in later versions?

I am running R48 on my sensor-box, too. After a while, it stops sending mqtt messages. I can reach the webfront and reboot the system, then it starts again sending sensor-data. Unfortunately, my small ESP can't get OTA and its under the roof.

vectah
New user

#6 Post by vectah » 03 Feb 2016, 07:51

I'm testing r71 for a week on one of my sensors and I haven't noticed any mqtt problems so far